Site Sponsors

Thread: Thank you Jack and Guy

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you Jack and Guy

I know everyone thinks I'm going to say thank you for setting up this great new site. Well, not yet.

I LOVE MY NEW LENS !!!!

I made it to a dark restaurant/bar and had a lot of fun with my new 28 'cron. Unfortunately, I can't post anything from where I'm at but I will certainly take some shots tomorrow with daylight and follow up on Sunday when I get back to NY.

Now I do need to thank both Guy and Jack for your willingness to help us less experienced folks and for setting up such a friendly site.

Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Thank you Jack and Guy

Terry,
    Congratulations on the new lens. I'm looking forward to your photos with it. I love mine. It is on my M8 80% of the time.
    Cindy

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great news Terry i am so glad that your lovin it. Glad to be able to help that is what we are here for. Just be careful around me i like using your credit cards. . I am very dangerous to bank accounts

BTW your post just made my day.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Terry and congrats! You are going to love that lens. (I suspect by as early as Thanksgiving Day, it may have become your "favorite")
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Terry,
    Jack and Guy have been great mentors to lots of folks over the years that I came to know them. I hope they will continue to have such high passion for the field that we love and share with each other in this great new community. This could turn out to be another great forum in developing and you are there from the very beginning.
    Son
    ALPA (MAX, STC, TC) | CAMBO (Actus DB2, WRS-AE) | CONTAX | HASSELBLAD | LEICA | DB (CFV-16, CFV-39, IQ180, IQ360, IQ3100, P45+) | Lens (Canon, Fujinon, Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Rodenstock, Schneider, Zeiss)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

First shots

Here are my first few from my first night. It was really!!! dark. Just a small nudge of exposure and fill light nothing else. Better things to come. Battled some camera shake and people shake at these speeds. Don't worry, I won't bore you with lots of test shots...next up Morocco.

ISO 640 f2 1/15

ISO 640 f2 1/15

ISO 640 f2 1/2

ISO 640 f2 .7

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Terry little trick on long exposures actually anytime . When your ready to shoot hold the shutter down until just before release and pause or be set at that half shutter than when the moment comes just squeeze. Don't push down just squeeze it down. Trust me you will be so much the better for it
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Terry little trick on long exposures actually anytime . When your ready to shoot hold the shutter down until just before release and pause or be set at that half shutter than when the moment comes just squeeze. Don't push down just squeeze it down. Trust me you will be so much the better for it
    Oh, and here I thought you were going to tell me to do your shooting before the martinis arrive. LOL. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Note to self... Terry drinks her friends under the table --- literally!

LOLOLOLOL!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    Oh, and here I thought you were going to tell me to do your shooting before the martinis arrive. LOL. Thanks
    No it is better with the Martini's. Second tip today. LOL