The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Picked up a used Zeiss 21mm f/2.8

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Roger:

I think John makes replacement mounts for the 18mm. Didn't Guy get one of the first ones?

Robert
Robert You are right. Tony at Popflash seems to have worked out an exchange of the flange with Zeiss. He orders his lenses with the correct (for M8 flanges ) from the factory. This is what he calls M8 ready. In my case they didn t come in that way ..so Zeiss is making the exchange free of charge. This way I can maintain my warranty long enough to test the lens by hand coding it.

etrigan63

I assume that the contact info you pointed out is where I can make this happen?

UPDATE: the e-mail address in the LUF thread is no longer valid. I can only hope that my Zeiss guy has better luck.

Last edited:

etrigan63

UPDATE 2: I went to the Zeiss webpage and under Support they have a Spare Parts request form. Using the part numbers from the LUF thread, I have submitted a request for the mounting flange and 4 replacement screws. Cross your fingers.

Stuart Richardson

While you are waiting, you know that you can hand code it and just pull the preview lever to the other side and you will get the proper coding, right? It would be annoying to do long-term, but while you are waiting it will work and give you the same effect.

etrigan63

Yes, I was aware of that, but I am not a contortionist. :D

I received a response back from Mr. Bertram Hoenlinger of Zeiss.

Zeiss will swap out the flange at their factory in Oberkochen for a cost of 60 Euros + shipping, or they can ship me the parts and I can do it myself. The usual warnings about lens calibration and warranty maintenance are accompanied with the latter.

Here are the part numbers for those interested:
Mount for 28mm ZM lens: #1469-516 EUR 26,--
Screws #1460-876 EUR 0,50 (4 pcs necessary)

You can e-mail Mr. Hoenlinger at hoenlinger at zeiss.de and request the parts. Zeiss only accepts bank wire transfers.

Please note that these parts are for the Biogon T* 2,8/21 ZM not the C Biogon T* 4,5/21 ZM.

Here are some more test shots. This time I got to use the External Viewfinder and I have to say the framing is spot on.

Last edited: