The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Issue with coding Zeiss 25mm ZM

peterm1

I bought the Zeiss 25mm ZM Biogon from Popflash with the modification so it brings up the 28mm viewfinder lines.

i have tried coding it as a Leica 24m f/2.8 in a few different ways, including using the M-Coder made by Match, and I always get the same result - it shows up as a 28mm lens in the exif data. I leave the M8 set to auto-detect the lens with UV/IR on, and i am getting great results, but I am wonder if I am doing something wrong as far as coding the lens and don't know if I am somehow getting suboptimal results. I haven't noticed vignetting or cyan drift so far but I haven't used it a lot.

Has anyone successfully coded the Zeiss 25mm ZM to show up as a 24mm instead of a 28mm on the M8, and if so, can you let me know your coding method?

THanks,

Peter

jlm

Workshop Member
you need the 24/35 framelines as I recall, not the 28/90. your flange can be modified

jm

Nick_Yoon

I also have a Zeiss 25 from Popflash that was supposed to have been modified for the 24/35 framelines but it came with the original 28/90 mount, so I had to send it back. Now with the correct mount and Elmarit 24 coding my M8 recognises it as an Elmarit 24.

peterm1

I'm confused. If I have the M8 with the updated framelines, and I mount the 25mm ZM, what framelines should it pull up when mounted on the M8u?

THanks,

Peter

carstenw

I believe that the lens as designed by Zeiss used to pull up the 28mm framelines. The code for the 24mm lens does require the 24mm framelines to be up, however, so people were swapping the mounts to be able to code the lens as a 24/2.8. Popflash sells them both ways, as far as I know, you just need to tell them what you want.

peterm1

Looks like Popflash sent me a version without the modified mount by accident, so I am sending it back to them for modification by Zeiss so it pulls up the 24mm frameline.