The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 Oregon workshop photos

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: Leica M9 Oregon Workshop

A few shots from Bandon, Oregon (Old Town). Shot with the M9, and processed in LR3 Beta...

Terry

Mike - Amazing capture of the rough to still water and catching the moment!

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

A few shots of the Cape Blanco Lighthouse...

First, from the outside, in the fog. Notice the cyan shift in the corners? That's what happens when you mount the WATE on the M9, but accidentally leave lens-detection set to Manual with the 90 Elmarit selected :)

A couple of cool shots of the spiral stairway, with the WATE...

Ever wonder what the light and lens look like at the top of a lighthouse?

Here's the huge freznel lens, with the surprisingly small 1000 watt light inside (WATE @ 16mm, incorrectly set to 90 elmarit)...

http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/1/3/091022-151541-m9.jpg

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

A slice of Americana at the Port of Port Orford...

M9, WATE @ 18mm (incorrectly set to 90 Elmarit via manual lens selection).

And with the 28 cron...

N

nei1

Mike,your work here has a truthfulness and naturalness that really draws you in and connects me with where you are.I think the M9 fits you like a glove and youve started my brain ticking over on how it could obtain one....Very enjoyable.....Neil.

jonoslack

I'm with the others here - these are lovely Mike. It's interesting in that we have a seaside village on the Suffolk coast called Orford - great oysters are available - it also looks rather the same.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Thanks for all the comments. The trip was a lot of fun. I'll be loading up some nice ocean sunset shots later this evening.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Time for some shots of the rugged Oregon coastline.

All shot with the M9, processed in LR3 beta.

First some B&W shots of the surf with the 50 lux asph...

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Beach scenes around Bandon, OR.

50 lux asph:

WATE @ 18mm:

Same homes after sunset, 28 cron wide open:

otumay

These are amazing shots, Mike. You make M9 sing. LR3 seems to be a big improvement over its predecessor.
Osman

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Mike - Superb!

It seems the locations have revealed to you their secrets, splendor, and mystery.

beamon

Wonderful images, Mike! They certainly should give pause to folk who say that RF cameras are out of place in landscape photography. :thumbup:

N

nei1

Wonderful images, Mike! They certainly should give pause to folk who say that RF cameras are out of place in landscape photography. :thumbup:
Folk who say this are talking about film cameras,because what you see through a rangefinder is not what comes out on film.A digital range finder has a DSLR screen stuck on the back which makes it as suitable for landscapes as a canon 5d.:)