Site Sponsors

Thread: $9.95 Flash for the M8/M9

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

$9.95 Flash for the M8/M9

The local Wolf Camera store was having a clearance several months ago before closing their used and clearance division in Dallas. One of the items I found was a small Leica CF flash unit designed for the Minilux.. the price tag said $9.95 so I bought it just because it had a red dot and only cost $9.95.

So today, while wasting a bit of company time playing darts, I decided to see if I could use it to catch a dart on its way to the board. It's a terrible shot and my closeness to the wall created a problem with the flash but the unit really worked quite well on the M8.

For $9.95 it's not a bad deal.. runs on two AA batteries. I've really not used the thing for any purpose at all until today and was pleasantly surprised at its performance. I dunno.. $9.95 for this little guy or $300 for the CF 22... not that they are in the same league.. but anyone looking for a cheap flash for their M8 or M9 might consider the CF rather than the CF 22.

I know, I'm insane for suggesting such a thing.. but when you are on a budget you do what you can to save a few bucks.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: $9.95 Flash for the M8/M9

I would gladly buy one for $9.95. It looks to have enough power to use a daylight fill which is what I want. Finding one is the problem I suspect, but I will start looking.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gowin View Post
    I would gladly buy one for $9.95. It looks to have enough power to use a daylight fill which is what I want. Finding one is the problem I suspect, but I will start looking.

Mark
    Well that is great..I wasn't sure anyone would find this post of any value but glad you did. I rarely use flash but this little flash tucks away in a pocket of my bag in case I ever need one.

Try eBay or Craig's List... both should have them.. eBay will be easier to search.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You got a good deal Jim. The best I can find online after a quick search is $64 for a used one. I will keep an eye out for one in my travels. Maybe I will get lucky and find one in a camera shop tucked away in their junk bin.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Mark -- if you find one for $9.95, pick one up for me too -- i'll pay you double

Jim -- thanks for sharing. i am sooooo against using flash but, well, sometimes... a lighter is not enough!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I own one as well - and really like its small size.