The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1 samples

V

Vivek

I believe, "I asked a guy who knows someone..." is a rumor.

Not insulting but it is a fact that it still is a rumor.

bradhusick

The images in the Leica X1 PDF brochure are impressive. I hope the camera lives up to those examples. I hope they weren't taken with another camera.:scry:

bradhusick

Guys, let's not let this thread degenerate into rumor, conjecture and hurt feelings. Keep it focused on facts and reactions to what we see.

I played a bit with a few of the images and they take a good amount of sharpening before degrading, revealing good detail. I can't wait to play with some RAW files in C1.

jonoslack

I believe, "I asked a guy who knows someone..." is a rumor.

Not insulting but it is a fact that it still is a rumor.
Actually, he said 'I asked a guy who knows'

and rumour is spelled with a 'u'
:ROTFL:

be cheerful - you agree with each other:D

kevinparis

Boys

play nicely... or when i win the lottery tomorrow and buy Leica I will make sure the bouncers on the doors of all the leica stores wont let you in :)

K

kevinparis

oh and another thing..a bit more serious

bokeh 28/2.8 on a 1.5 crop?.. is it ever anything to write home about?

K

kevinparis

street

and you also believe you own the Brooklyn Bridge and several hundred acres of prime Florida land?

Don't trust those guys you meet on the street :)

K

V

Vivek

Actually, he said 'I asked a guy who knows'

and rumour is spelled with a 'u'
:ROTFL:

be cheerful - you agree with each other:D

Yes, I know that we agree. It still is a rumor. :ROTFL:

If it is Sony's IMX021 sensor, I do not see why it has to be tied up with Nikon's D300 and not Sony (and the Sony cameras that use it)? :confused:

Some of the guys "who know" have no qualms in saying that the M8 uses a Kodak sensor. ;)

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Kevin,
Geeze, I bought that Brooklyn bridge years ago. I got it for a trade for an M3 and a 50 Cron.....

and....wherever I drive...whenever I drive...I own the friggin road to....
but I ain't selling Leica just yet.....

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Vivek,
The D300 sensor isn't so great is it? I sold that camera because it shot hot in the highlights all the time....
Maybe it's just me again......but that sensor ain't nuttin' to w-right home about...

jonoslack

Some of the guys "who know" have no qualms in saying that the M8 uses a Kodak sensor. ;)
. . . and the M9 - it can be quite difficult admitting to it at smart dinner parties :eek:

The knowledge is out there . . . If Roger says he knows, then I'd bet on the fact that it's not a rumour as far as he's concerned.

but I'm on both your sides . . . just trying to do a little diffusing (and protecting the stupidities of the english language of course) :ROTFL:

V

Vivek

Vivek,
The D300 sensor isn't so great is it? I sold that camera because it shot hot in the highlights all the time....
Maybe it's just me again......but that sensor ain't nuttin' to w-right home about...
Don, May be it is the kitzoom you fired it up with. :ROTFL:

Yeah, it isn't great but it is several times better than the G1 I carry nowadays.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Don, May be it is the kitzoom you fired it up with. :ROTFL:

Yeah, it isn't great but it is several times better than the G1 I carry nowadays.
Vivek, I wish that was the case...I sold that one and all the Nikon stuff. I still have the 5D's...and all "L" glass......for what that's worth but that's another story....

carstenw

Kevin,
Geeze, I bought that Brooklyn bridge years ago. I got it for a trade for an M3 and a 50 Cron.....

and....wherever I drive...whenever I drive...I own the friggin road to....
but I ain't selling Leica just yet.....
You must drive a Mercedes then. Every Mercedes comes with an owner's certificate to the road. The only legal accidents are those between two Mercedes!

carstenw

Perhaps we need a clear, concise and accurate definition of the word rumour (and some agreement as to how to spell it!)

I'm off to bed
sleep well (I will)
Vivek appears to favour the American spelling, even though properly-spelling Canadians liberated Holland.

I wish that when the Americans took on the task of cleaning up the English language, they had actually finished the job, instead of just poking at it. I mean, who changes "rumour" to "rumor", but leaves the spelling of "laugh"??? :D