Site Sponsors

Thread: Pssst ... looking for a new 50 'lux? Look inside ...

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pssst ... looking for a new 50 'lux? Look inside ...

Anyone who's been looking to pick up a new (or used) 50 Summilux ASPH has probably found that these folks are thin on the ground at the moment.

Well, since I've now got what I was looking for I can pass on the location of at least one new 50 'lux in stock - Glazer's in Seattle. Last weekend they had a black & silver new 'lux in stock. Today they still had a silver which was on hold for me, and they may still have the black one too. I actually passed on the silver one as they had an as-new Noctilux which I was powerless to resist. So I now have a 'lux, just not the one I originally intended at the beginning of the day

So, if you're looking for a 50 'lux right now then I'd recommend giving Glazer's a call.

Btw, Popflash also have a nice looking perfect used 50 'lux in silver available too.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pssst ... looking for a new 50 'lux? Look inside ...

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Anyone who's been looking to pick up a new (or used) 50 Summilux ASPH has probably found that these folks are thin on the ground at the moment.

Well, since I've now got what I was looking for I can pass on the location of at least one new 50 'lux in stock - Glazer's in Seattle. Last weekend they had a black & silver new 'lux in stock. Today they still had a silver which was on hold for me, and they may still have the black one too. I actually passed on the silver one as they had an as-new Noctilux which I was powerless to resist. So I now have a 'lux, just not the one I originally intended at the beginning of the day

So, if you're looking for a 50 'lux right now then I'd recommend giving Glazer's a call.

Btw, Popflash also have a nice looking perfect used 50 'lux in silver available too.
    LOL. That's quite an upgrade, Graham! I've got the older Noct - which I'm very much looking forward to using on my M9, whenever that arrives - but I must admit to more than a passing interest in the newer model.

Be interested in your thoughts after you've had a chance to use it a bit.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Pssst ... looking for a new 50 'lux? Look inside ...

It was a used E60 f/1.0 Noctilux, not the f/0.95, so the upgrade wasn't too horrible plus I traded a couple of lenses which made it almost positively affordable!

I would dearly loved to have taken both the Summilux ASPH & Noctilux home together but ... plus I figured I'm more likely to find another Summilux as opposed to a mint, coded, recent & accurately focusing Noctilux (with provenance).