The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pssst ... looking for a new 50 'lux? Look inside ...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Anyone who's been looking to pick up a new (or used) 50 Summilux ASPH has probably found that these folks are thin on the ground at the moment.

Well, since I've now got what I was looking for I can pass on the location of at least one new 50 'lux in stock - Glazer's in Seattle. Last weekend they had a black & silver new 'lux in stock. Today they still had a silver which was on hold for me, and they may still have the black one too. I actually passed on the silver one as they had an as-new Noctilux which I was powerless to resist. So I now have a 'lux, just not the one I originally intended at the beginning of the day :thumbs::eek:

So, if you're looking for a 50 'lux right now then I'd recommend giving Glazer's a call.

Btw, Popflash also have a nice looking perfect used 50 'lux in silver available too.

Jager

Anyone who's been looking to pick up a new (or used) 50 Summilux ASPH has probably found that these folks are thin on the ground at the moment.

Well, since I've now got what I was looking for I can pass on the location of at least one new 50 'lux in stock - Glazer's in Seattle. Last weekend they had a black & silver new 'lux in stock. Today they still had a silver which was on hold for me, and they may still have the black one too. I actually passed on the silver one as they had an as-new Noctilux which I was powerless to resist. So I now have a 'lux, just not the one I originally intended at the beginning of the day :thumbs::eek:

So, if you're looking for a 50 'lux right now then I'd recommend giving Glazer's a call.

Btw, Popflash also have a nice looking perfect used 50 'lux in silver available too.
LOL. That's quite an upgrade, Graham! I've got the older Noct - which I'm very much looking forward to using on my M9, whenever that arrives - but I must admit to more than a passing interest in the newer model.

Be interested in your thoughts after you've had a chance to use it a bit.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It was a used E60 f/1.0 Noctilux, not the f/0.95, so the upgrade wasn't too horrible plus I traded a couple of lenses which made it almost positively affordable! :thumbup:

I would dearly loved to have taken both the Summilux ASPH & Noctilux home together but ... plus I figured I'm more likely to find another Summilux as opposed to a mint, coded, recent & accurately focusing Noctilux (with provenance).