The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yes, YES, YESZ!!!

cam

congratulations, Maarten!

and no, i'm not jealous at all... okay. maybe. completely -- but i wish you the best, anyways ;)

happy shooting!

Maarten

Merci, guys. Now I need to redo my recent trip to Paris with the M9.

I have no more kidneys left so what's next? I propose a new subsection of this Forum: "Body parts for sale" :D

Lens, yes, which new lens?? Hmmmmm. No, first enjoy the ones I've got. They are all new again thanks to the M9! Hey, that's a great marketing one liner for Leica: "Renew all your lenses for free when you buy a Leica M9"

kevinparis

Maybe guy... then again maybe not... what would I do with the Praktica and east german milk bottle lens reject I would get for all my body parts....

K

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I'd give my left_________ for a call from Camera West saying they are sending mine out.

I don't need _______ anymore anyway :shocked:

Last edited:

f1point0

Congrats...

Saw the steel grey at Photoplus Expo in NYC and it definitely looked better in person. If they were more readily available I would have considered it.

darkspark

share us some steel gray photos! I haven't been seeing enough of the steel gray (other than the press release shots) :)

Maarten

I got mine from Ffordes. Thanks again for the tip Jaap. I send them an email at the end of September and asked them what their expected delivery time would be. I thought I was very late and would have to wait till next year. Somehow Steve Byford is able to get cameras in fast.

The price is about the same if I order in the Netherlands (which I also tried but for example Nivo Schweitzer, where I previous bought my Leica gear, were very slow to respond to my emails).

I haven't had much time yet to take photos. This weekend I hope to be able to post some results.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Don't forget to claim your passport warrantee, Maarten. One of the advantages of buying in the UK.