The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One won't open. Why?

durrIII

I just installed Capture One that came with my M8 and it lloked like it installed ok, but when I try to open, it says Capture One shut down..reopen. Same thing when I try again. I am using a new iMac. What's up with this?
thanks

John Black

Did you download the latest version from Phase One? The problem is most likely OS X 10.62 vs old version of C1...

durrIII

John I tried that just now and it worked, but how do I activate it so that it will be permanent? thanks

Durr

John Black

In the software package from the M8, the C1 disk came inside of sort of CD cover. There should be an authorization key somewhere. The license code may not be valid (previous owner may have used it). Unless of course you bought the M8 new, in that case it should work fine. The key may only work for 4.8.3 though. Version 5 is new and C1 is forcing all of us to bow to the mothership and buy upgrades...

jaapv

Subscriber Member
You can try the following:
Uninstall C1 completely
Go to the Leica site, owners area, and register your camera
Go to special offers and download C1 from there
Use the key that came with your camera

durrIII

Thanks guys. I finally got the 4.8.3 version to load and activate. Now, I must figure out how to use it. Thanks for the help.

otumay

Another problem: I had downloaded C1 v5, tried it for a few days and decided to postpone upgrading. So I deleted it to find that my C1 v4.8.3 asks for activation key. I must somehow misplaced it, so I shall have to wait till Monday to find it in the office computer. A penalty for not upgrading, perhaps?
Osman

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Sorry, I just noticed it got replaced by Lightroom 2. You will need that too to print, though, or another editing program.