Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Steel grey M9?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Steel grey M9?

    Anyone know who has one in stock? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northampton, Ma
    Posts
    532
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Just got one from Tamarkin in Ct., arriving tomorrow. I was on his list. I asked if this meant more grey ones were coming soon, he wasn't sure. Good luck finding yours...Peter

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Peter, show us some pictures when yours arrived, especially with some good looking chrome lens mounted on it if you have them. I am dying here waiting for mine....

  4. #4
    Member Roel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    I would love to see it too...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northampton, Ma
    Posts
    532
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Will do gents. It will sport my chrome 50/1.4 asph which will be my main lens on the M9 and the reason I went steel grey.

  6. #6
    Senior Member bradhusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA
    Posts
    2,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    53

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    For your edification, here are some beauty shots of the Steel Grey M9 with a variety of Leica lenses. Enjoy. Click for larger versions.
    Last edited by bradhusick; 17th July 2014 at 09:27.

  7. #7
    Senior Member bradhusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA
    Posts
    2,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    53

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    one more...
    Last edited by bradhusick; 17th July 2014 at 09:27.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    OMG! The steel grey is so so handsome!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northampton, Ma
    Posts
    532
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Not only did you save me the trouble, but you're making it even harder to sleep tonight! Thanks Brad.....Peter

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    If I were going to get one, steel grey it would be!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northampton, Ma
    Posts
    532
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Got mine and I really do like it's look, especially with chrome lenses. Also, I had a chrome M8 grip which I am using with the M9 and it looks quite fine, I see no need to get a steel grey grip. While we're at it, it's one heck of a camera! best...Peter

  12. #12
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Quote Originally Posted by innerimager View Post
    Got mine and I really do like it's look, especially with chrome lenses. Also, I had a chrome M8 grip which I am using with the M9 and it looks quite fine, I see no need to get a steel grey grip. While we're at it, it's one heck of a camera! best...Peter
    Congratulations Peter
    I'm hoping for mine next week . . . . hoping!
    Brad - thanks for those shots, it makes the waiting for the grey so much easier
    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  13. #13
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    I still like basic black, but the Steel Grey does look handsome.
    -bob

  14. #14
    wilsonlaidlaw
    Guest

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    In three years of a chrome M8, I think I had two people comment on it and it was along the lines of "it's nice to see someone still using a film camera." During last week-end in Naples, Italy, I had three people ask me if that was the new M9 and saying how nice the grey finish looked and no, they weren't muggers checking if it was worth stealing.

    Wilson

  15. #15
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonlaidlaw View Post
    In three years of a chrome M8, I think I had two people comment on it and it was along the lines of "it's nice to see someone still using a film camera." During last week-end in Naples, Italy, I had three people ask me if that was the new M9 and saying how nice the grey finish looked and no, they weren't muggers checking if it was worth stealing.

    Wilson
    Wow - doesn't that show how far Leica have come in the last 3 years.

    Just this guy you know

  16. #16
    Member zoomstop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Just got mine tonight. Gray M9, Ace Photo Ashburn Virginia USA. Ordered on 9/9/09.
    | Leica M9 | 35mm Summilux ASPH | 50mm Summilux ASPH | 50mm Noctilux ASPH | 75mm Summicron ASPH |
    | Leica S2-P | Grip | 35mm Summarit ASPH | 70mm Summarit ASPH | 120mm Summarit ASPH|

  17. #17
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Congratulations Peter
    I'm hoping for mine next week . . . . hoping!
    Brad - thanks for those shots, it makes the waiting for the grey so much easier
    all the best
    Jono we had the steel grey in Oregon and it was very nice looking. Brad wanted to buy it on the spot but it was a loaner so a no go from Leica. I'm more a black camera person but I did like it
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  18. #18
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Jono we had the steel grey in Oregon and it was very nice looking. Brad wanted to buy it on the spot but it was a loaner so a no go from Leica. I'm more a black camera person but I did like it
    Hi Guy
    Well, I'm more of a black camera person as well, but I like to have two M bodies, and if they're the same colour I get confused (I am very old and infirm). I've had a grey one on order since September (no special favours here) it's not here yet . . but I'm nearly at the top of the list, next week maybe?

    Just this guy you know

  19. #19
    Senior Member GMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Quote Originally Posted by bradhusick View Post
    For your edification, here are some beauty shots of the Steel Grey M9 with a variety of Leica lenses. Enjoy. Click for larger versions.
    This is torture

    I ordered mine at the end of September and still waiting

    There was only one guy in front of me for a gray one but Belgium is such a small market that nothing arrives. Let's hope for Santa Clause and congratulations for your new toy

  20. #20
    JackM
    Guest

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    I ordered grey in August. I got it Nov. 13th from David Farkas and the 13th was a lucky day. I had a titanium M6 and a chrome M8 so I perfer the combo, in part because fewer people think it is new. It makes a Leica look even older. The finish is holding up just fine to my abuse. See the shot of the M9 vs the M8.

  21. #21
    Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    5,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    564

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    There's no pic ... where's the camera porn?

  22. #22
    Senior Member GMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Quote Originally Posted by GMB View Post
    Let's hope for Santa Clause
    I start believing in Santa Clause again...

    My gray M9 arrived today.

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    OC/LA County, CA and Austin, TX
    Posts
    146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Mine arrived yesterday but it wasn't from Santa though

  24. #24
    ameliephotographie
    Guest

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Incredible for both of you! Now I'm hoping for my own Christmas miracle!

  25. #25
    Member beamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    southern Arizona, USA
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Hi Guy
    Well, I'm more of a black camera person as well, but I like to have two M bodies, and if they're the same colour I get confused (I am very old and infirm).
    Understand, Jonathan. Makes it easy to tell which has B&W and which has color film, eh?
    Roger
    Leica M6, M8.2 & assorted Leica glass

  26. #26
    ameliephotographie
    Guest

    Re: Steel grey M9?

    Thanks to Robert Jagitsch's great (and patient) service at Precision Camera, my M9 arrived today!

    I definitely have tumbled down the slippery slope...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •