The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Win a Leica X1

trisberg

Another "contest" where you grant rights to reproduce your work world-wide in all media just by submitting it. Unless you are certain you are going to win, you pretty much give your work away for free.

-Thomas

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
2 very important sticky points

This contest is governed by the laws of Michigan. By submitting a comment the contest you waive and relinquish any and all claims or causes of action that may arise out of the sponsorship or conduct of the contest by DigitalCameraInfo.com.

By submitting your photo you grant DigitalCameraInfo.com, Reviewed.com and Leica Camera Ag the non-exclusive right to reproduce your photo in any media in any location.

Your call.

nostatic

And I suppose that goes for winners as well as losers...

oh wait, "losers" isn't politically correct. Instead I should have written:

And I suppose that goes for winners as well as those who are victory-challenged...

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Well, I'll send an image in and they can keep it, reproduce it, even sleep with it....
Just send me the X1......
shooter

stevem8

If I can win a $2k X1, I really would not care what they did with one of my images as whatever image I would submit would not be one that would make me $2k in income. I may enter for the heck of it. Nothing to lose.

barjohn

I guess it is too bad for you pros that charge $2K or more for an image as you would lose either way. :)

Guy Mancuso

Kind of the point John. For Pro's it is something we will not normally do is enter contests . One most of our work is with clients so certainly restrictions there and also your own stock bin of images that you may sell to different types of clients and actually may devalue it being shown all of over the place.

barjohn

Guy,

I understood that as my sister makes her living with photography I was just having some fun kidding around.

Guy Mancuso

I know John , people just need to read these rules and understand what they are getting into. This one is not so bad but I have seen some that going to hell would be more pleasant.