The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M8 Best Lens for Landscapes

Scargos2

I Have a Cv 15mm and a 35mm, the 15 seems to be not the right lens for Landscape. Looking for a wider lens.
Who shoots a lot of landscapes and which Lens would be the ideal one.

Thanks for your trouble.
Rick Rickard

Lloyd

Personally, if I'm going to use a wider lens for landscape on the M8 (I often use moderate telephoto, like the 75), my favorite is the 28. I use the 28 Cron, but got some great results out of my CV 28/1.9.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
You might want to look at the new Leica 24 Elmar 3.8. Its relatively inexpensive (for Leica), the FOV is a little over a 28mm, its not fast f3.8 but for landscapes you don't need a fast anyway and it draws beautifully!
As Lloyd says above the 28 cron is good too.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I have had the 12mm, 15mm and 21mm. I think that 21 is as wide as I'd ever go again. Like Lloyd, I often use a 75mm for landscapes.
Right now my favorite landscape lens is my CV 28 f/1.9. It has been discontinued, but they continue to surface on the used market at bargain prices. If you have the budget for it, the 28 cron can't be beat.

Lloyd

I have had the 12mm, 15mm and 21mm. I think that 21 is as wide as I'd ever go again. Like Lloyd, I often use a 75mm for landscapes.
Right now my favorite landscape lens is my CV 28 f/1.9. It has been discontinued, but they continue to surface on the used market at bargain prices.
Nice one, Cindy. I still have that CV 28, and would sell mine, but it's a great infrared lens on the M8, and I can't bring myself to part with it yet.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Nice one, Cindy. I still have that CV 28, and would sell mine, but it's a great infrared lens on the M8, and I can't bring myself to part with it yet.
Yes, IR is another reason that I love that CV lens. Just carry the filter in my bag all of the time and pop it on when needed.

ampguy

For wides on the M8, I use mostly 21 and 28s, but carry the 15 around, and have gotten some great uses out of it on mountain peaks, etc. The 21 I can use on the M8 pretty much without a VF making it handy, the 15, for me, requires the ext. vf.

Scargos2

Using the B&W 092 which I have, do you change the white balance. Or after the shoot,which will be red. Then convert to Black & White?

Scargos2

This was shoot with a 28mm Summron 3.5 w/BW 092 which I use for IR only.
Shoot was taken in CUBA in November the City is Trinidad