The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Spot the differences

That M3 must be a real oldie: no frame selector lever yet, and that came after only one year or so. Black finish must be a later re-paint, or?

jaapv

Subscriber Member
That M3 must be a real oldie: no frame selector lever yet, and that came after only one year or so. Black finish must be a later re-paint, or?
Yes, it is a Shintarorepaint. The model is a transitional one. Although it has the newer straight styling of the top plate above the R lever, it still has the screws next to the lens mount. I've never seen a picture of this type.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Jaap,

Approximately how long did it take for the engraving? How about cost too?

Does anyone know when Leica close down over xmas? I kind of assume a two week break over the holiday period for all practical purposes.

Thanks

jaapv

Subscriber Member
The engraving took less than a week, including a CLA. (the back and forth about the estimate excluded, because I missed a mail, my fault) and the price was just under 175 Euro, excl. VAT. There is no express service for engraving as they have to slot it in into the production process in the factory, so it needs a bit of time. It pays to take it up with CS before sending. I mostly deal with Andrea Frankl, a most friendly and helpful lady. That is not to say the others are less friendly or helpful, not at all, it is just the way it developed for me.