Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Season's Greetings

  1. #1
    Subscriber Member jaapv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    250

    Smile Season's Greetings

    To all my friends here:


    JAAP
    http://www.jaapvphotography.eu
    The colours of my generation are black and white.

  2. #2
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Merry Christmas Jaap!
    -bob

  3. #3
    Member beamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    southern Arizona, USA
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Season's Greetings

    The same wishes for a Merry Christmas to you and yours, Jaap. A Happy and Prosperous New Year has always been wished for in the past, but one wonders whether 'prosperous' will be possible in the near term future. Happiness, however, is achievable without prosperity, so to all a Happy New Year!

    Your knowledgable and well chosen words are fun to read, both here and on other fora.
    Roger
    Leica M6, M8.2 & assorted Leica glass

  4. #4
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,995
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Fijne Kerstdagen en een voorspoedig 2010, Jaap !
    Bart ...

  5. #5
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Merry Christmas Jaap and everyone in this forum.
    Osman

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ario Arioldi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody.
    Cheers,
    Ario

  7. #7
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Season's Greetings

    To My Politically Correct Friends:

    Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee(s).


    To the rest of you... And you're ALL my Friends, for which I am very grateful:

    Merry Christmas (ok, Happy Holidays too) and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

  8. #8
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Lloyd, your way of expressing yourself is impressive! I think your greetings have the widest coverage I've come across. So nice to have met you and friends at get dpi...

  9. #9
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Thank you, Osman. And thank you for sharing a glimpse into your part of the world... a part I would very much like to visit one day, but in reality, probably never will.

  10. #10
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    ...a part I would very much like to visit one day, but in reality, probably never will.
    Funny, this the second time you wrote that recently Have hope my friend, I've been to places I never thought I would. You know, sometimes somethings happen and voila, you're just there!
    Best regards,
    Osman

  11. #11
    Senior Member Scargos2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Merry Christmas to all, from Florida.
    Sunny Florida Rick of Fla

  12. #12
    Workshop Member Reynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    24

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Merry Christmas all from Virginia, USA!!
    Best to all,

    Reynolds

  13. #13
    Workshop Member Woody Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    66

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Merry Christmas from Tlalpujahua Mexico - a major center of manufacturing of Christmas ornaments. No kidding on the spelling. M9 plus 28mm chron btw.


  14. #14
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    32 31' 37.06" N, 111 6' 0.9" W
    Posts
    4,333
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    To My Politically Correct Friends:

    Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee(s).


    To the rest of you... And you're ALL my Friends, for which I am very grateful:

    Merry Christmas (ok, Happy Holidays too) and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

    I accept your statement of best wishes and wish to return them right back at ya!

    I fully expect to see this on some sort of holiday greeting card very soon. Too funny.

    Don


    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Victoria, Texas, USA
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Back from spending time with my Mom on Christmas so a slightly belated but more traditional wish for a Merry Christmas from Texas.
    M8, 90 cron
    Last edited by oc garza; 4th April 2010 at 13:53.

  16. #16
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Merry Christmas,
    Our Christmas tree this year was a weed, some brush hacked down by Cynthia with a Ginsu knife and a dull clipper since old skinflint would not pay 75€ at the lot.
    The grand-daughter was worried that Santa would not find the house without a tree. The good news is that despite how it looks, it did the job.
    Attachment 26164
    -bob
    Last edited by Bob; 26th December 2009 at 22:56.

  17. #17
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Quote Originally Posted by victoriapio View Post
    Back from spending time with my Mom on Christmas so a slightly belated but more traditional wish for a Merry Christmas from Texas.
    M8, 90 cron
    Nice. Hope your Christmas was a good one.

  18. #18
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Season's Greetings

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Merry Christmas,
    Our Christmas tree this year was a weed, some brush hacked down by Cynthia with a Ginsu knife and a dull clipper since old skinflint would not pay 75 at the lot.
    The grand-daughter was worried that Santa would not find the house without a tree. The good new is that despite how it looks, it did the job.
    Attachment 26164
    -bob
    Nice!! That's a good one. Glad it got the job done. Hope your Christmas was merry.

  19. #19
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Season's Greetings

    I've missed the 'christmas' bit here, so I've no need to be careful about political correctness - I can simply say:

    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

    Just this guy you know

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •