The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Season's Greetings

beamon

The same wishes for a Merry Christmas to you and yours, Jaap. A Happy and Prosperous New Year has always been wished for in the past, but one wonders whether 'prosperous' will be possible in the near term future. :confused: Happiness, however, is achievable without prosperity, so to all a Happy New Year! :)

Your knowledgable and well chosen words are fun to read, both here and on other fora.

Lloyd

To My Politically Correct Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee(s).

To the rest of you... And you're ALL my Friends, for which I am very grateful:

Merry Christmas (ok, Happy Holidays too) and a Happy and Healthy New Year!
:clap::clap::clap:

otumay

Lloyd, your way of expressing yourself is impressive! I think your greetings have the widest coverage I've come across. So nice to have met you and friends at get dpi...
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Lloyd

Thank you, Osman. And thank you for sharing a glimpse into your part of the world... a part I would very much like to visit one day, but in reality, probably never will.

otumay

...a part I would very much like to visit one day, but in reality, probably never will.
Funny, this the second time you wrote that recently;) Have hope my friend, I've been to places I never thought I would. You know, sometimes somethings happen and voila, you're just there!
Best regards,
Osman

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Merry Christmas from Tlalpujahua Mexico - a major center of manufacturing of Christmas ornaments. No kidding on the spelling. M9 plus 28mm chron btw.

Don Libby

To My Politically Correct Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee(s).

To the rest of you... And you're ALL my Friends, for which I am very grateful:

Merry Christmas (ok, Happy Holidays too) and a Happy and Healthy New Year!
:clap::clap::clap:

I accept your statement of best wishes and wish to return them right back at ya!

I fully expect to see this on some sort of holiday greeting card very soon. Too funny.

Don

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

oc garza

Back from spending time with my Mom on Christmas so a slightly belated but more traditional wish for a Merry Christmas from Texas.
M8, 90 cron

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Merry Christmas,
Our Christmas tree this year was a weed, some brush hacked down by Cynthia with a Ginsu knife and a dull clipper since old skinflint would not pay 75€ at the lot.
The grand-daughter was worried that Santa would not find the house without a tree. The good news is that despite how it looks, it did the job.
View attachment 26164
-bob

Last edited:

Lloyd

Merry Christmas,
Our Christmas tree this year was a weed, some brush hacked down by Cynthia with a Ginsu knife and a dull clipper since old skinflint would not pay 75€ at the lot.
The grand-daughter was worried that Santa would not find the house without a tree. The good new is that despite how it looks, it did the job.
View attachment 26164
-bob
Nice!! That's a good one. Glad it got the job done. Hope your Christmas was merry.

jonoslack

I've missed the 'christmas' bit here, so I've no need to be careful about political correctness - I can simply say:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!