The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your Favorite Leica Shot of 2009

otumay

Leif, that's a wonderful moment, and a great photo.

Classic moment, Seascape.
+1.

Lloyd, I somehow had missed your shot when it was posted before. It has all the right elements: Two of my favorite models, technical mastery and loads of affection. Much appreciated!
Best,
Osman

biglouis

Yusuf

Shot this at about 7:30 in the morning on Whitechapel Waste in the east end of London. This guy wandered into my shot, hanging on to a can of lager and obviously the worse for wear. Was genuinely polite and insisted I take his picture. Looks like he has been in a few wars in his time...

View attachment 26058

Lloyd

+1.

Lloyd, I somehow had missed your shot when it was posted before. It has all the right elements: Two of my favorite models, technical mastery and loads of affection. Much appreciated!
Best,
Osman
Thank you sir. I'm honored by your appreciation.

Lloyd

Re: Yusuf

Shot this at about 7:30 in the morning on Whitechapel Waste in the east end of London. This guy wandered into my shot, hanging on to a can of lager and obviously the worse for wear. Was genuinely polite and insisted I take his picture. Looks like he has been in a few wars in his time...

View attachment 26058
Beautiful portrait. Thanks for sharing.

leif e

@Lloyd and Osman; thanks!
And Lloyd; that double portrait is wonderful - those two pairs of eyes!

Biglouis; great picture - sad, still calling for the smile at the same time, no hiding of the scars.
leif e

Riccis

While I still have a couple of hundred rolls that I haven't had the time to look at, this is one of my faves from 2009 (more on my blog)

Cheers,

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Excellent photos akiralx, leif, seascape, big louis and riccis ... keep 'em coming.

Leif, you also provided us with a glimpse of the neighbor's hytte.

Kurt

So many wonderful images here, I have to join in. Can't really say this is my favorite for the year, rather one of the last, and being my son who I haven't seen for a while, one of my favorites for sure. M9, 35/1.4 @1.4, Iso 800. best....Peter

Lloyd

So many wonderful images here, I have to join in. Can't really say this is my favorite for the year, rather one of the last, and being my son who I haven't seen for a while, one of my favorites for sure. M9, 35/1.4 @1.4, Iso 800. best....Peter
Very nice, Peter. And I think it illustrates something I've learned over nearly 40 years of photography... art is nice, and speaks to my soul, but nothing I've ever taken is more important than the images of my family.

J

jamesto

Dear Lloyd, cmb, innerimager and otumay,

Thanks for your kind words and inspiration!

I love my DMR!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Best regards
JAMES

Stuart Richardson

Excellent James, and everyone else. Thanks for the thread Kurt, it is a great idea!

I suppose this is my favorite -- it is of a good friend of mine, and I took it on a road trip we took out into the Icelandic countryside. The camera is my grandfather's Leica III, which he bought new in 1934. The lens was a 50mm summar that came with it, shot wide open. It was taken around midnight, and the soft light of the icelandic summer and the soft focus of the german summar worked well. I also like how his nose and head is perfectly aligned with the mountains in the background.

P.S. happy holidays to everyone here...