The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your Favorite Leica Shot of 2009

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
The name of the thread probably says it all. Pick your favorite image from 2009 that you shot with a Leica lens, Leica body (film, digital, P&S). Think of it as a fun way to close out a year that sees Leica back on an upswing.

Kurt

DavidE

M8, 50 lux

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
David -- Beautiful ... soft focus and lovely light.

Maarten -- Excellent black and white. Classic Leica shot.

Knorp -- That 100 macro just reaches out and grabs you.

Mike -- I think you captured the enthusiasm quite well. ;)

Doug -- I'm still amazed at how well images from the DMR look ... pixel for pixel still might be the best images available. Plus, your wildlife photos are always fantastic. The sharpness of the eyes on the rabbit are amazing.

Osman -- Wonderful black and white image. Great tones

Here's mine for the year ... I know how hard it is to choose from a pool of images ... it's sometimes like choosing between your children. I'm not certain why, but I just keep coming back to this one (and all of the textures look good printed large).

Kurt

Kurt

Maarten

Thanks, Kurt.

I can imagine why you keep coming back to your favorite. My eyes keep moving between the people in the top of the picture and the fisherman, who also seems to walk, but in a different direction.

Killing your darlings is always difficult but when I try to get a coherent series it is somethings necessary, but there is no need when choosing only one.

otumay

Thanks Kurt, your shot is also captivating. A bit on the forlorn side and beautiful texture.
Osman

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks Maarten and Osman.

Horosu, that 50lux is amazing. It provides just the right amount of softness to the image to provide a feminine, delicate feeling.

Kurt

Lloyd

Great idea for a thread. There are some great shots here, and I've seen some stunners posted on the other threads, so it will be fun to see what people come up with.

Tough to choose, but if I have to choose just one, this would be it:

M8, CV 90/3,5 APO Lanthar:

Lloyd

I remember that one, Lloyd. Gorgeous. Beautiful eyes and smiles.
Thank you Kurt. Much appreciated, and again, great idea for a thread. I love that shot of yours, and think that Maarten described it perfectly.

David -- That is a stunner. Great choice.

Maarten -- Classic Leica shot indeed.

Knorp -- This is just breathtaking.

Mike -- That shot totally cracks me up. Love it.

Doug -- I'm with Kurt... you demonstrate so well that the DMR, and that wonderful R glass have few peers... as does your photography.

Osman -- I agree that this one is amazing. You have so many I feel that way about, I don't know how you could choose.

horosu - Timeless and beautiful. The very essence of the classic Leica image.

leif e

So many great shots! Good idea, Kurt!

I really don´t know why this is my personal favorite. My two daughters finishing breakfast before a long day of hiking around the mountains we think of as ours. Just the memory of a mood, i guess.
M8, Zeiss, 4/21 (or was it 4,5?)
leif e

Last edited: