The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fish-Eye fun with M9

W

wilsonlaidlaw

I had bought an M42 to Leica M a couple of years ago, so that I could use my Zenitar 16mm f2.8 fish eye on my M8. However, with the crop factor it just looked like pictures taken with a not very good quality ordinary 16mm, which had quite a lot of barrel distortion. It is a lot more fun on the full frame M9. Here are a couple I took today in the melting snow and slush. DNG to JPEG B&W with yellow filter conversion in C1 V5 pro.

Wilson

thrice

Interesting shots :) I must ask is your left leg shorter than your right? :p just kidding!

It wouldn't be so far out for someone to produce a rangefinder fisheye with an auxiliary finder...

Lloyd

I had bought an M42 to Leica M a couple of years ago, so that I could use my Zenitar 16mm f2.8 fish eye on my M8. However, with the crop factor it just looked like pictures taken with a not very good quality ordinary 16mm, which had quite a lot of barrel distortion. It is a lot more fun on the full frame M9. Here are a couple I took today in the melting snow and slush. DNG to JPEG B&W with yellow filter conversion in C1 V5 pro.

Wilson
Very kewl. Love those.