Site Sponsors

Thread: Good deal.. I think?

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal.. I think?

I recently came across a good deal on an M8.2 and a 35 Cron. I believe the lens is new and the body is a demo. I'm waiting to find out as the Leica person was off today. It was $5500.

What are the things to look for and questions to ask here? What all should be included? Battery, charger and filters?

Also, I really had my heart set on getting a 28 cron, but would a 35 work for street and some landscapes as well?

Took me all of about 15 minutes to really get rolling on the thing in the store.

Can I say I hate you guys for introducing me to this?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good deal.. I think?

You say it's new, so I suppose the 35 is 6 bit coded?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The 35 Summicron is a very versatile lens on the M8 - and will stand you in good stead when you follow the siren song of the M9
    JAAP
    http://www.jaapvphotography.eu
    The colours of my generation are black and white.

steve728

New to the forums here. I have this same question actually. With a 35 cron and M8, which would be a better companion: 24mm or a 50mm? BTW, it seems like both would also be great with a M9 as well. Thanks for any advice!

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tough to recommend the 24 or 50 for you without knowing what you typically shoot and what you are looking for..

I know that for me 50mm was an uncomfortable focal length on the M8 as it was neither ideal for portraits or long enough as a short telephoto for travel - however, other people find it works for them. Personally I needed something longer like the 75 'cron.

The 24 is a better compliment if you shoot wide than the typically recommended 28 'cron which I found was too close to the 35 'cron in that combo. You might even want to consider the 21 Elmarit instead if you want the wide/normal combo.