The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with Digilux2 price please.

D

D upton-Hackett.

Hi, as a small sensor user Dp2 GX200 am very interested in the Leica digi 2 there is one for sale on eBay but the seller is looking for offers over £500 he claims it's in pristine condition. has not had the sensor changed ( I believe they will be replaced by Leica if faulty.) free of charge even out of warranty.

If any user has the time to give an opinion I should be obliged.

Link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Many thanks Derek.

laptoprob

Well, if you are looking for pristine...
I sold mine after getting the GF1 for something like € 450, with the fantastic-fit Zing neoprene case/diving suit. But prices seem to be going up for this gem.
AFAIK Leica still does the sensor change, free of charge.
Good luck hunting!

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Hi, as a small sensor user Dp2 GX200 am very interested in the Leica digi 2 there is one for sale on eBay but the seller is looking for offers over £500 he claims it's in pristine condition. has not had the sensor changed ( I believe they will be replaced by Leica if faulty.) free of charge even out of warranty.

If any user has the time to give an opinion I should be obliged.

Link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Many thanks Derek.
Sounds like a fair price...

overgaarcom

Sounds fair and is worth it. The sensor issue should not worry as Leica will change it for free if/when it fails.

W

Wesson

Seem's a fair price to me. Fabulous camera in many ways.

The sensor on mine failed and was promptly replaced by Leica. It appears that a faulty batch of sensors were supplied by Sony( ?) to several camera producers, Panasonic obviously being another.

But there is just something about the Digilux 2 that makes it for me a classic. I love mine, warts and all.

Brian.

P

Philip

Hmmm not sure what state the offered Digilux 2 was in, but bought one last Summer for USD400. But had major scuffs on the bottom plate. Yet, love it and now hooked on Leica :)

Good Luck

dhsimmonds

The "sister" camera to the D2 is the Panasonic LC1 and these are available slightly cheaper but are essentially the same camera. In fact many photographers prefer the LC1 as it is easier to hold...........but Leicaphiles won't use anything unless it has the (expensive) red dot!

The Pana LC1 also has the same sensor problem, but like Leica they will replace the sensor if it goes down with the same lurgi! I had mine replaced some 2/3 years ago. Although reported to Panasonic UK, it was actually done by a service company near Gatwick, the camera completely serviced, AF checked and corrected, cleaned and returned with it's new sensor, all totally free of charge.

A great camera and I still take it out occasionally and I don't think that I could ever part with it. It has accompanied me on three trips around the world and numerous jaunts across Europe, bounced down a mountain in Snowdonia and still produces great images, two of which have made it by acceptance in top International Exhibitions in the last two years!

jminor

I was seriously tempted by a Digilux2 not too long ago, and was discussing a trade with my Oly E-P2. At the last minute I chickened out and kept the Oly, but the Digilux2 has been in the back of my mind since then. And it sure doesn't help when Carl Garrard posts his tribute to the LC1..... And to make matters worse, Thorsten Overgaard's writtings add fuel to the fire....

retow

Just bought a excellent++ one for USD 599 from a dealer. UPS delivered at 6pm yesterday. Why don't they build cameras like this one anymore? What a lens and UI.

Last edited: