The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Parallax! And other M comments from a newbie.

tom in mpls

I'm on vacation now, my first time really using my M (it's an 8, but will of course be the same for any M). I am not yet sure how well I'm focusing. It can be quite hard to see if the images are exactly overlaid.

Coming from DSLRs, I have also been learning about parallax. Several times I have composed a shot with something very close to the lens in the foreground. One must be careful! Several shots have been spoiled by the foreground item unintentionally obscuring the background subject. I am learning to correct for the lens view being offset from the viewfinder. Another challenge.

I love the smaller size of the M, and my daughter has confirmed that it is much less intimidating. She is actually cooperating when I take her picture. That is a big improvement.