The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stormy weather

otumay

Dark clouds and crashing waves, not a particularly usual sight in Istanbul; and me on a rocking boat with M8 and 28 'cron, a frequently observed phenomenon after my purchase of M8;)
Hope these shots convey the exhilarating joy of cruising in stormy weather.
All criticisms most welcome.
Best regards,
Osman

jaapv

Subscriber Member
#1 is great,although I would crop it a bit to get the horizon out of the middle, the last one is awesome!

otumay

Thanks Mike, Jaap, t_streng and dannh. Jaap, you're right, I must have been attracted by the clouds and the waves and couldn't forgo any of them.
Best,
Osman

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Osman

Excellent work ! I share you joy for stormy weather. I can see the sky over the ocean from my house and I often race down to the pier to catch the sky over the water.

Getting out into on a boat really brings it home.

lmr

Great shots... #1, #3 & #4 are WOW!

Looks like the M8 held up in your stormy weather test. Hope the weather gets better. We, in the U.S of A are brazing ourselves for the winter storm.

Robert.

otumay

Thank you, Robert, Steve, Matt and Seyhun, my guru. It's wonderful to get praise from you guys, whose outputs always awe me.
Best,
Osman