Site Sponsors

Thread: Zeiss C-Biogon Coding Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Zeiss C-Biogon Coding Update

To code the Zeiss 21mm 4.5 C-Biogon properly, the lens needs a mounting flange that brings up the M8's 28/90mm framelines. But Zeiss won't sell the flange as a replacement part. Instead, they insist that the lens be sent to Germany for replacement of the flange. ("Because it is nearly impossible to get the C Biogon adjusted after reassembling without image quality measuring equipment, we decided not to offer the spare parts for this lens separately.")

Today, however, I heard from Zeiss that they will soon offer a mount exchange service in the U.S. ("We are planning to establish a service facility in the US that can do the mount exchange in the next future. So I hope that I can offer you this soon as an alternative instead of shipping the lens to us.")

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Zeiss C-Biogon Coding Update

Ray came over yesterday and i shot this lens. Extremely sharp lens , he has not changed the mountyet though
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Zeiss C-Biogon Coding Update

pretty darn nice
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com