The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Images from the Carmel Workshop

robsteve

Subscriber
Just got home. Hmmm

I want to go back to that beach. I think that is the new GetDPI.com Happy Place.

Many thoughts run through my head looking at that beach. Sure hope there is a heaven like that.
Terry and Charles dropped me off at the airport so I can rent a car for the day. I don't fly out until tomorrow evening, so I think I will try that same drive along the ocean on HWY 1 this evening.

Robert

jonoslack

Just got home. Hmmm

I want to go back to that beach. I think that is the new GetDPI.com Happy Place.

Many thoughts run through my head looking at that beach. Sure hope there is a heaven like that.
I quite agree, it looks wonderful. If you're looking for another beach for the next workshop, you could try this one:

It's a bit crowded though :)

robsteve

Subscriber
I think Guy was a bit mesmerized by the Red dot :) Meanwhile, John keeps his eyes shut, as the Red Dot took its toll on his wallet enough this week.

Last edited:

JimCollum

I think Guy was a bit mesmerized by the Red dot :) Meanwhile, John keeps his eyes shot, as the Red Dot took its toll on his wallet enough this week.

Actually, Guy had just sacrificed his Nikon to the alter of the Great Leica God, who was very displeased in Guy's acquisition of a ZD.

Here you see a moment of worship, eyes closed in a prayer for good light

robsteve

Subscriber
After the stop at Camera West, we found some deer along the hills of HWY 1. I made the mistake of using too slow of a shutter speed and the motion blur got to me. I was using a tripod, but the shutter speed at 1.60th was still too slow for the 105-280mm at 280mm and stopped down a bit. A few minutes after this I gave John a hard time for not shooting his 135 APO wide open instead of stopped down and slower shutter speeds.

Joseph Ramos

Workshop Member
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to say thank you to Jack and Guy for the workshop. I learned a lot and it was great meeting everyone.
Thank You Again,
Joseph Ramos

H

Haya

I gotta say amazing images from everybody!! I wish I lived 3000 miles closer to be able to have attended the workshop, that part of California is also one of the most beautiful places I have visited, only 2nd to Alaska in my opinion!

Terry

Hey Robert,
Glad you decided to venture back down the coast. Pretty fun to see the same places under different light.
Safe travels getting home and great meeting you.

Terry

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Beauties Robert, great light! (And they'll look really nice printed out to about 16x24 :D)

PS: Still cannot get over the detail in that harbor shot you took with the 30 year old Summicron 50 on your M8! It has to be the single sharpest file I have ever processed off an M8, at least centrally. May have to consider getting one of those in the near future ;)

Kudos,