The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The M9 as a Landscape camera

mathomas

A few B&W conversions from my M8. Actually, I used the out-of-camera B&W JPEG, which is almost always very close to what I want, and then did some tuning in Silver Efex Pro. Even though I have RAW+JPEG set, this is my usual approach for B&W -- might be a mistake not using the RAW file, but I kind of like starting out with a B&W.

All these were shot in Buena Vista, CO.

1. Buffalo Peaks (Zeiss Biogon 25mm f/2.8)
2. East Flank of Mt. Princeton (Elmar-C 90mm f/4)
3. Sangre de Cristo over the Valley (Elmar-C 90mm f/4)

Don Libby

Looks like I can official join this thread now. Here's some shots from this afternoon as I'm getting reacquainted using a rangefinder. Wish I had a better sky however that'll have to wait till next week.

Next step is to clean the sensor...

Don

thrice

A couple of ZM images on the M9, first two are the 25mm Biogon, the last one is my brand new 18mm Distagon :D

D

Devon Shaw

A couple of ZM images on the M9, first two are the 25mm Biogon, the last one is my brand new 18mm Distagon :D

These images are really beautiful. First landscapes from the M9 I have seen that have really made me want one.
How long were the exposures for these photographs? and where were they taken? if you don't mind.

thrice

Hi Devon, thanks for the compliments.

First shot was 3 exposures, 1/6s for the sky, 0.7s for the water and 2.8s for painting some extra detail into the rock.

The second shot is one exposure 1.4s.

Last one was also 3 exposures, 1/6s for the sky, 0.7s for the ocean and as a base to add vignette and colour to the closest part and 2.8s for the close part and a bit more detail under the water.

First two shots are taken near Watermans bay and the last one just outside Mindarie, both places are in Western Australia and very easily accessible.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
I wouldn't dream of using the M9 as landscape camera...:D

32 sec, ISO 160, Summilux 24 @ 1.4

Alnitak

Wonderful shot, Jaap. I love night time shooting of the stars but haven't done much yet with the M9. I can see Orion in the upper center.

Jeff

Don Libby

These were all taken today as I head to Carmel. Sedona had beautiful clouds however I wasn't able to stay longer than an hour. South Rim had promises of clouds but nothing like Sedona. I'm hold up in Williams now after being on the go for over 13 hours.

Don

dannh

Don I must say I got a little jealous looking at these. You're so nonchalant about them, as if you took them off your back porch! I did a tour through the southwest with my wife a few years back and absolutely loved the area. Hope to return soon. Very cool that you live so close to such beauty. I suppose I shouldn't overlook the fact that I'm only a few hour drive from Yosemite. =)

Don Libby

Don I must say I got a little jealous looking at these. You're so nonchalant about them, as if you took them off your back porch! I did a tour through the southwest with my wife a few years back and absolutely loved the area. Hope to return soon. Very cool that you live so close to such beauty. I suppose I shouldn't overlook the fact that I'm only a few hour drive from Yosemite. =)
Thanks. I love living in the Southwest and never tire of seeing all the beautiful areas that are within several hours drive of me - guess that's why I'm a landscape photographer. I love the files I'm getting with this camera I just need to be able to spend more time at one spot to achieve what I'm searching for - the perfect image; maybe next week in Yosemite who knows....

Don

I feel I am getting close. I'm experimenting working the files between C1 and CS4 and haven't decided which is better yet.

tom in mpls

We woke the other day to find all the trees coated in ice. We really didn't have an ice storm, rather we had a big "fog" that left everything with an ice layer.
90 Elmarit, f/8 or 11, ISO 160

fotografz

Good Lord!

Generally, landscapes bore me to tears ... but every single one of you defy that short coming of mine ;)

I cannot attribute it all to some piece of equipment, as talent, passion and humility is absolutely rampant here, and burnishes Leicas little red dot to a sparkle!

However, being a M9 nut-case myself, I have to say that most certainly it is the little camera that could ... and then some ... and then some.

Every time I use the thing, I wonder why I own anything else.

Thanks to all of you for sharing such beautiful, beautiful work ...

-Marc

Don Libby

Working my way West today taking Rt66 which took me on the Oatman Highway then later near the National Chloride Co ponds.

I'm looking forward to getting to Carmel tomorrow and seeing clouds in the sky! :eek:

Don