The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The M9 as a Landscape camera

GMB

Hi Devon, thanks for the compliments.

First shot was 3 exposures, 1/6s for the sky, 0.7s for the water and 2.8s for painting some extra detail into the rock.

The second shot is one exposure 1.4s.

Last one was also 3 exposures, 1/6s for the sky, 0.7s for the ocean and as a base to add vignette and colour to the closest part and 2.8s for the close part and a bit more detail under the water.

First two shots are taken near Watermans bay and the last one just outside Mindarie, both places are in Western Australia and very easily accessible.
Daniel,

Great shots. May I ask how you put together the different exposures for shots 1 and 3.

Georg

Stuart Richardson

Really outstanding photos in this thread! I think the M9 is a great camera for landscapes -- terrific lenses, lots of great color and detail. It is right at home. Here are a few I took on Wednesday and yesterday during a trip up north from the city.

Just minimal post processing on these. Another reason to like the M9!

roanjoh

Stuart - absolutely stunning landscapes!!! They look sharp with tons of details even on the web - I'm sure 100% view is amazing.

YamasDigital

Let me say that I am impressed with the shots posted by the veterans of this forum. I am an admitted newbie and have recently been notified that a silver chrome beauty is coming my way within the next few weeks (order black, but offered silver). In any event, I was on a Leica Safari about a month ago and took a few on a loaned M9. Be gentle. Thanks and Aloha.

thrice

Let me say that I am impressed with the shots posted by the veterans of this forum. I am an admitted newbie and have recently been notified that a silver chrome beauty is coming my way within the next few weeks (order black, but offered silver). In any event, I was on a Leica Safari about a month ago and took a few on a loaned M9. Be gentle. Thanks and Aloha.
Nice pic :) I hope you know your M9 won't be chrome, rather silver paint ;).

Congrats on the new camera and welcome to the forum!

A few from last week in Northern Sweden (my 2nd week with the M9. Absolutely wonderful!).

Mainly Summicron 35 ASPH; 2 with a 2.8/90 Tele Elmarit.

Thank you, Leif and Jeff!

These were shot west of Funäsdalen, so quite close to the Norwegian border. I had planned to spend one day in Röros, but it didn´t work out (been to Röros several times before, but can´t get enough of it....).

leif e

Next time, Per, go to the border (Storlien) and then south - if skiing; via Blåhammarstugan to Sylstationen. Cross to the Norwegian side and see the sunrise behind Storsylen! I came from the Norwegian side a few years ago - spectacular hardly covers the sight. I did not have a camera in the rucksack!:eek:
leif e