The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The M9 as a Landscape camera

steflaurent974

Matt : yes the pano was handheld ; I have brought the little table top Manfrotto tripod, wich works well with the M9, but it's such a mess, I keep it for night or dark shot (emergency use only)

ohdannyboy

Spectacular thread guys. I love seeing all the pictures you guys post. Such an inspiration for me to want to go out and shoot as well as you all do.

dierk

My contribution , with the M9 and summicron 28mm :
First is a 6 vertical frames pano stitched in Pshop :

Second is a single shot with the 28mm as well :

All taken with no tripod : definitively a landscape camera !
Stef, fantastic light and colors:thumbs:
almost like painted, I love it
the sky looks a bit like HDR?

Another landscape burger :
applies to this one as well

in B&W could it almost like Ansel Adams:)

V

vanhulsenbeek

OK guys: New Zealand M9 panorama's galore at http://sanderva.zenfolio.com/
Most of those made with the WATE.

Just a taste to wet you apetite: here are the Moeraki Boulders, sure some of the more outworldly things on this planet:

mathomas

Mind-blowing shots. Thanks for uploading!

My contribution , with the M9 and summicron 28mm :

First is a 6 vertical frames pano stitched in Pshop :

Second is a single shot with the 28mm as well :

All taken with no tripod : definitively a landscape camera !

Stuart Richardson

I love that panorama Sander! The others are lovely too. Are you stitching or cropping? Your photos remind me that I have to get back to New Zealand. I was born there, but I have not been back since I was 13. I don't remember it very well now...

Here are a few I took yesterday evening, and then I took today. They are both along the same road, a few minutes outside of Reykjavik. I only took one today...too tired from the bike ride. The ones from last night were the 35/1.4 ASPH, and today the 35/2.5 summarit (fits in the backpack more easily!).

Stuart Richardson

Yes, it is gorgeous. Can you swim there, or will you wind up in the next Planet Earth video when the great white jumps ten feet in the air to eat you?

markowich

Yes, it is gorgeous. Can you swim there, or will you wind up in the next Planet Earth video when the great white jumps ten feet in the air to eat you?
i would not recommend swimming on diaz' beach....the water is very cold, at least for my standards. for UK standards things might be different----)))) also there are a lot of sharks around (big white ones). but apparently the surfer in the attached photo does not mind....
peter

markowich

Lovely Peter - a beach to conjure with (I wish I could conjure myself there).
thanks jono! the cape of good hope is a special place....even after 7 visits....
and the 35 LUX is even a great landscape lens, stopped down to f8-11.
i have just ordered a print 1 meter wide of that shot and will report back on friday when i get to see it.
p

jonoslack

i would not recommend swimming on diaz' beach....the water is very cold, at least for my standards. for UK standards things might be different----)))) also there are a lot of sharks around (big white ones). but apparently the surfer in the attached photo does not mind....
peter
No problem with the cold (swimming (very briefly) here at Christmas time in the Atlantic, we've even been known to break the ice on the pool in the garden). The big white sharks are a different matter! On the other hand, perhaps the surfer understands statistics.

I remember seeing somewhere that, on average, each year, 78 people are killed by sharks, and 3,000,000 sharks are killed by people. Mind you, that wouldn't be much consolation if you were one of the 78; especially being eaten for that surf!

markowich

No problem with the cold (swimming (very briefly) here at Christmas time in the Atlantic, we've even been known to break the ice on the pool in the garden). The big white sharks are a different matter! On the other hand, perhaps the surfer understands statistics.

I remember seeing somewhere that, on average, each year, 78 people are killed by sharks, and 3,000,000 sharks are killed by people. Mind you, that wouldn't be much consolation if you were one of the 78; especially being eaten for that surf!
i like the sea at > 28 centigrades. and i do despise sharks. and i NEVER EVER liked statistics---)))
peter
ps: i shall return the 18mm SE and give the WATE another try. maybe distorsion is less wavy after all.
envious about that IPAD of yours. thinking of flying to NYC 2morrow, but have to be in beijing on sunday---((((

jonoslack

i like the sea at > 28 centigrades. and i do despise sharks. and i NEVER EVER liked statistics---)))
Of course you knew that 99.43% of the population have more than the average number of legs?

ps: i shall return the 18mm SE and give the WATE another try. maybe distorsion is less wavy after all.
Well, I love my WATE - but I've never shot that block of flats!
envious about that IPAD of yours. thinking of flying to NYC 2morrow, but have to be in beijing on sunday---((((
I haven't got the iPad yet . . . tracking currently has it languishing in customs at Stansted, but it is due to reach us in darkest Suffolk tomorrow. Personally I'm much more envious of having to be in Beijing on Sunday!

all the best