The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The M9 as a Landscape camera

Alnitak

OK, its been a while since I've been here. Work and life have interfered with my forum browsing. :) Here's a few recent shots. The first two are from a road trip into Kern County, CA two weeks ago:

135 APO-Telyt cropped to wide format:

Hills of pink Clarkias, 21mm Elmarit:

Tehachapi Wind Farm, 21mm Elmarit:

Jeff

jonoslack

Lovely Jeff - and you certainly seem to be getting around
but where is the picture from the top of the Matterhorn?

Alnitak

Thanks Jono--as for the top of the Matterhorn--Ha! My sea-level lungs couldn't handle the top of the Matterhorn, never mind my muscles. I've been working in London a lot this year, and my wife and daughter joined me about ten days ago. We left last week for a ten-day holiday in Paris and Switzerland. Tomorrow we take the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz. More things to see and photograph!

Jeff

jonoslack

Thanks Jono--as for the top of the Matterhorn--Ha! My sea-level lungs couldn't handle the top of the Matterhorn, never mind my muscles. I've been working in London a lot this year, and my wife and daughter joined me about ten days ago. We left last week for a ten-day holiday in Paris and Switzerland. Tomorrow we take the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz. More things to see and photograph!

Jeff
Well, I'm jealous - have a wonderful time - and take lots of good pictures like this!

scott kirkpatrick

I just put an iMac that seems to be about three feet wide on my desk at work, and now everywhere I look I see high resolution screen-savers. Here are two which are from about halfway to the top of the Matterhorn, in Jackson Hole WY:

yes, I know the horizon is tilted in this, but I like it that way, complementing the grasses, and

full resolution jpegs of each are available at my pbase site.

scott

m_driscoll

In Zermatt and had a great view of the Matterhorn this morning.
M9 + 50mm Summilux
M9 + 75mm Summilux Jeff
Jeff: Nice photos. Enjoy your vacation. I alway like above the tree line shots. :thumbup:

I just put an iMac that seems to be about three feet wide on my desk at work, and now everywhere I look I see high resolution screen-savers. Here are two which are from about halfway to the top of the Matterhorn, in Jackson Hole WY:

yes, I know the horizon is tilted in this, but I like it that way, complementing the grasses, and

full resolution jpegs of each are available at my pbase site.
scott
Scott: Beautiful images. I esp. like this one. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

eleanorbrown

Wow! this one takes my breath away. awesome! Eleanor

Great thread here, some of the best landscapes I have seen for a while !

Elmarit 28 Asph., 90 sec exposure (the diffused red hues in the sky are from Calima, desert sand in the sky coming from Africa. The orange hue on the rocks is from natrium lamp light, from hotels on the beach....)

Don Libby

Total agreement here. Breath taking somehow just isn't enough of a description for this image. This is one of those times that I saw an image and said to myself "wish I had done that".

Beautiful!

Don

eleanorbrown

I actually put my M9 on a tripod (first time) and did some water photography. Here's one of the Snake River, Colorado...across the road from my house. 75 cron lens. Eleanor