The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Digital Ms - MKII

fotografz

Whew, that other "fun with" thread took forever to load, and has stuff starting from 2007!

If our fearless leaders Guy and Jack don't object, can we please start a new "Fun With Digital Ms " thread?

I haven't been posting in the Digital M image thread for a while, having been busy shooting and catching up on the post work for a slew of jobs.

Here's a fun project for "Marvelous Marvin's Mechanical Museum" ... a treasure trove of kitsch objects, pin-ball stuff, Merry-go-rounds, original posters, Carney objects and rides ... and so on, and so on. Literally a football field sized area crammed with oddities. (Some of you may recognize the fortune teller machine "Zelda" from the Tom Hank's movie "Big").

All shot available light with a M9 and 24/1.4ASPH, 28/2ASPH, 50/0.95 ASPH, 75/1.4 ... mostly wide open at ISOs from 500 to 1000. The 24 and 28 were a must as the place is packed tight with just narrow aisle ways to move through the museum. Pretty wild lighting scenerios to say the least :)

I even got a new self-portrait out of this gig :ROTFL:

-Marc

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Nice shots, Marc. You haven't been ostracized ... really. ;) Keep showing those 0.95 Noct shots. I have one on order and am waiting for Leica to ship its next batch.

Here's a shot from last weekend at the Milwaukee Intermodal Station (a nice way not to just say Bus or Train Station).

Kurt

D&A

You mean with all those fortune telling machines, not one of them could tell you anything about the next incarnation of the M9 (M10, M11 and future lenses???) Even "MR" has exprssed some ideas :)

Fascinating place and imagoes Marc and you captured the ambiance and lighting well and shallow depth of field on some of the close up shots really adds necssary character to some of the items. Nice series of images...thanks for posting! (I'd love to get lost in a place like that for a while :)

Dave (D&A)

P.S. Hey how did I get that "Green" smily face near the title of the thread (can't seem to get rid of it......oh well, it fits in with the location of Marc's images! :)

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Whew, that other "fun with" thread took forever to load, and has stuff starting from 2007!
No problem Marc, but for future reference, if you just click on "Last Page" instead of the entire thread title, it loads just as fast as a new thread ;). From there it's easy to navigate back to a previous page where you left off...

We kept the thread together for continuity and posterity. If you find that works okay for you, then we can merge this one into the original.

Cheers,

fotografz

No problem Marc, but for future reference, if you just click on "Last Page" instead of the entire thread title, it loads just as fast as a new thread ;). From there it's easy to navigate back to a previous page where you left off...

We kept the thread together for continuity and posterity. If you find that works okay for you, then we can merge this one into the original.

Cheers,
Thanks Jack ... Duh, now I get it!

Yes, please merge with the other "real" thread". Sorry to make extra work.

-Marc

fotografz

Which of the shots are with the Noctilux/
merci
In this series, just the Chinese machine was shot with the Noctilux 0.95.

The asile ways were to tight to use a 50mm so I couldn't back up enough ... and I used the 75mm for stuff up higher near the ceiling.

Marc