Site Sponsors

Thread: Fun with Digital Ms - MKII

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fun with Digital Ms - MKII

Whew, that other "fun with" thread took forever to load, and has stuff starting from 2007!

If our fearless leaders Guy and Jack don't object, can we please start a new "Fun With Digital Ms " thread?

I haven't been posting in the Digital M image thread for a while, having been busy shooting and catching up on the post work for a slew of jobs.

Here's a fun project for "Marvelous Marvin's Mechanical Museum" ... a treasure trove of kitsch objects, pin-ball stuff, Merry-go-rounds, original posters, Carney objects and rides ... and so on, and so on. Literally a football field sized area crammed with oddities. (Some of you may recognize the fortune teller machine "Zelda" from the Tom Hank's movie "Big").

All shot available light with a M9 and 24/1.4ASPH, 28/2ASPH, 50/0.95 ASPH, 75/1.4 ... mostly wide open at ISOs from 500 to 1000. The 24 and 28 were a must as the place is packed tight with just narrow aisle ways to move through the museum. Pretty wild lighting scenerios to say the least

I even got a new self-portrait out of this gig

-Marc

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with Digital Ms - MKII

Bad idea I guess

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice shots, Marc. You haven't been ostracized ... really. Keep showing those 0.95 Noct shots. I have one on order and am waiting for Leica to ship its next batch.

Here's a shot from last weekend at the Milwaukee Intermodal Station (a nice way not to just say Bus or Train Station).

Kurt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Fun with Digital Ms - MKII

You mean with all those fortune telling machines, not one of them could tell you anything about the next incarnation of the M9 (M10, M11 and future lenses???) Even "MR" has exprssed some ideas

Fascinating place and imagoes Marc and you captured the ambiance and lighting well and shallow depth of field on some of the close up shots really adds necssary character to some of the items. Nice series of images...thanks for posting! (I'd love to get lost in a place like that for a while

Dave (D&A)

P.S. Hey how did I get that "Green" smily face near the title of the thread (can't seem to get rid of it......oh well, it fits in with the location of Marc's images!
    Last edited by D&A; 28th January 2010 at 06:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Whew, that other "fun with" thread took forever to load, and has stuff starting from 2007!
    No problem Marc, but for future reference, if you just click on "Last Page" instead of the entire thread title, it loads just as fast as a new thread . From there it's easy to navigate back to a previous page where you left off...

We kept the thread together for continuity and posterity. If you find that works okay for you, then we can merge this one into the original.

Cheers,
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    No problem Marc, but for future reference, if you just click on "Last Page" instead of the entire thread title, it loads just as fast as a new thread . From there it's easy to navigate back to a previous page where you left off...

We kept the thread together for continuity and posterity. If you find that works okay for you, then we can merge this one into the original.

Cheers,
    Thanks Jack ... Duh, now I get it!

Yes, please merge with the other "real" thread". Sorry to make extra work.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Which of the shots are with the Noctilux/
    merci

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by halfFrame View Post
    Which of the shots are with the Noctilux/
    merci
    In this series, just the Chinese machine was shot with the Noctilux 0.95.

The asile ways were to tight to use a 50mm so I couldn't back up enough ... and I used the 75mm for stuff up higher near the ceiling.

Marc

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

lotta tongue