Site Sponsors

Thread: GetDPI is refreshing

matmcdermott

GetDPI is refreshing

All I wanted to say was that it's very refreshing to have a forum where the talk is more about photography in general and improving your own than spewing about what Leica needs to do now, tomorrow, next week and ten years in the future. Thanks much.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: GetDPI is refreshing

Amen brother
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Oh, I suppose I could do that too, It is just "all about the picture" for me and the vendor that delivers what I need (er want maybe more accurate) gets my business.
    -bob

p.s. I really like the M8 and what leica ought to do is fix what little ails it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I still go to other forums but its nice to have a place to come home too thats helpful and not negitive.
    Mike

website under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This is great to hear folks, really just what Guy and I attempted to create here: a "home" for folks that like to both do and discuss photography.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

It rocks here.

Post Thanks / Like

As someone who has been very vocal about leica, I never felt like this was the place for any of my feelings about leica or the M8.

Haya

I agree I am new here but I feel way more comfortable posting in this forum than any of the other forums I read.

bigdog

This weekend was my real first experience with DPI. Jack and Guy invited me to attend the Carmel Workshop. What I feel here is you are all like a family, and thatís really refreshing from what I have seen on other forums.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi All
    I quite agree, it's a great experience.

Lots of good information, and no 'mine is better than yours' attitude.

Could it be the presence of women . . . . and the apparent absence of the english (myself excepted of course)

Just this guy you know

Sean_Reid

Jack and Guy have actively moderated this forum so that its a place to discuss photography and not a place to insult people, etc. That really does make these forums unique. Most people who run forums are content to let them run into the sewer under the guise of "freedom of expression".

Guy and Jack, I've said this before but "Good On You".

Cheers,

Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It's more than just the moderation. There have been *very* few instances where moderators have had to step in at all. In my opinion, the driving factor in this has been the members of the forum.

jim

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_Reid View Post
    Jack and Guy have actively moderated this forum so that its a place to discuss photography and not a place to insult people, etc. That really does make these forums unique. Most people who run forums are content to let them run into the sewer under the guise of "freedom of expression".

Guy and Jack, I've said this before but "Good On You".

Cheers,

Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Agree Jim it's all about you folks that make it what it is. Jim, Mike, Jack and myself are here for you but our moderation is just not needed very often. You folks make our job easy.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

this forum first sucked me in because of guy and his obvious skill, boundless energy and enthusiasm, and imaginative spelling. and then i met jack...and others. this is my first and major stop.
    thanks for keeping it real GUY'S and GAL's

Digital Dude

Thumbs up Re: GetDPI is refreshing

I joined the Leica forums back in September and have found that each forum kinda has its own demographic and clientele. Granted, I tend to be more vocal on the L-Leica forum since it’s sorta a wild western movie, where pretty much anything goes. The RFF seems to be more tailored to the EU group. In sharp contrast, the same folks that would otherwise raise hell on the other forums are considerably more conservative and polite, here on DPI. It is by far my favorite. The layout, the gallery and overall structure is simply more organized and polished. I particularly like the professional attitude and courtesy I receive as a relatively new member to the Leica community.
    Regards,
    Last edited by Digital Dude; 17th April 2008 at 19:37.

Sean_Reid

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Agree Jim it's all about you folks that make it what it is. Jim, Mike, Jack and myself are here for you but our moderation is just not needed very often. You folks make our job easy.
    It's not needed, in large part, because people understand what's expected here. We're back to your dinner party analogy Guy.

Cheers,

Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And i cook a mean flank steak. No joke

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As one dinner host to another, I'll have to make you my churrasco steaks one day.

You and Jack have an excellent community here. Full of talented, good looking, learned people who enjoy photography and are willing to share and learn together.

Bravo, gentlemen!
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO