The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Macy's Parade

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Macy's hosts the Thanksgiving Day Parade in the USA and on the eve before the big day the balloons are filled with helium. This happens in my neighborhood in NYC just around the corner from my apartment so I took the opportunity to take some photos today. I'll post a few here in this thread and you can see a few more here:
http://www.umbrastudio.net/html/assets/macys/index.html

All images with the R9/DMR
First one is the 35/2 @ 5.6

View attachment 261

The next three are with the 80 Lux. First one @ 1.4, second one @ 2.0, third one @ 1.4

View attachment 262

View attachment 264

View attachment 263

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Sigh, the 80 on the R9/DMR just sings. I'm really thinking that I might need to sell a few M lenses and reaquire the combination until the R10 appears. Anyone with a DMR/R9 combo that needs a few M lenses and wants to work on a trade, please let me know. I just listed a WATE and I have a few others I could sacrifice.

Kurt

cmb_

Nice images ...can you give us the location in NYC? Anyway to gain access inside the ropes?
The balloons are inflated on west 77th street and west 81st street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue. There were photographers inside the ropes but I am not sure how to obtain press passes.

cmb_

Thanks for looking Jack.

Yes Kurt, the 80 Lux has a great look. I just acquired it and I am wondering why I waited so long. Mine is without ROM contacts, I was trying to hold out for one with ROM but this one came up on eBay and I got it for a good price. Just hope I will not want the ROM for the R10.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
The balloons are inflated on west 77th street and west 81st street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue. There were photographers inside the ropes but I am not sure how to obtain press passes.
Looks like the place to be for lots of opportunities..thanks

J

Jamie Roberts

Thanks for looking Jack.

Yes Kurt, the 80 Lux has a great look. I just acquired it and I am wondering why I waited so long. Mine is without ROM contacts, I was trying to hold out for one with ROM but this one came up on eBay and I got it for a good price. Just hope I will not want the ROM for the R10.
You can always get it ROMmed for a few hundred bucks. No big deal for such a sweet lens! Nice shots :)