The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Baseplate Out of Whack

S

sirvine

I'm not sure what happened, but the locking mechanism on the baseplate of my M8 is now "out of phase" with the camera side of the lock. Before, I would turn the lock until it stops, and then tuck the lock's handle into the recess. Now, a full turn of the lock leaves the handle in almost 180 degree position from the recess where it belongs. As a result, I can only turn the lock about one-quarter turn before it lines up with the recess. This works, but the baseplate is wobbly since the lock is not fully tightened up.

Is there any way to adjust this? I see a screw on the inside of the lock, but I haven't tried to disassemble it yet.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Without seeing it, I can't really advise you, but sounds like possibly the stop screw on the latch went missing...

S

sirvine

Could be. I've examined the thing long and hard and can't figure out what happened. Just wondered if anyone else had a similar problem...