Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Lightroom 3 eta-2

  1. #1
    Member Bbrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    BELGIUM
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Lightroom 3 eta-2

    New release of the LR3 eta-2.

    It seems to handle our RAW M9 files fine.
    First impression is less noise and more detail and sharper.

    First a screengrab out LR2, second LR3

    -> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/
    Enjoy living, live to enjoy

  2. #2
    Member Bbrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    BELGIUM
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: Lightroom 3 eta-2

    LR3-2 also has:

    -Camera Parity with LR 2.6 along with preliminary support for new cameras
    -Tethered shooting for Nikon and Canon Cameras
    -Luminance Noise reduction added
    -Improved Import, including Video handling, Loupe from cards, and dockable folders
    -Improved Watermarking
    -Point Curve now available
    -Improved visibility of Process Version, including year naming (2003 and 2010)
    -Crop rotation via shortcut, increased Print resolution, local lens blur
    Enjoy living, live to enjoy

  3. #3
    Member Bbrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    BELGIUM
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: Lightroom 3 eta-2

    Adobe is working hard, PhotoShop CS5 is cleaning up our photo's with magical ease.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aE...layer_embedded
    Enjoy living, live to enjoy

  4. #4
    Member roanjoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lightroom 3 eta-2

    Just when I though Aperture has the upper hand - Lightroom does this!!

  5. #5
    Workshop Member Woody Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    66

    Re: Lightroom 3 eta-2

    A few disappointments. Still no print preview - one of the most asked for features on the LR forums. You have to open the file in PS and print from PS if you want this feature. It doesn't handle purple and red fringing. C1 does.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Lightroom 3 eta-2

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    It doesn't handle purple and red fringing. C1 does.
    This is the first version of Lightroom that actually interests me and is starting to get close to C1 image quality, but the fringing is out of control. I hope they can rein that in on the final version.

    Also, while 3b1 was a very early beta, I'm actually having more "beta" issues with .

  7. #7
    Member roanjoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lightroom 3 eta-2

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    A few disappointments. Still no print preview - one of the most asked for features on the LR forums. You have to open the file in PS and print from PS if you want this feature. It doesn't handle purple and red fringing. C1 does.

    So I guess Aperture still has the upper hand on the fringing arena.

  8. #8
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lightroom 3 eta-2

    Quote Originally Posted by roanjoh View Post
    So I guess Aperture still has the upper hand on the fringing arena.
    I've been impressed... well, as impressed as I can be after using it for a couple of days. The Luminance noise reduction works really well. And, I actually did get pretty good results removing purple fringing. I'd suggest downloading the Beta 2 and trying it.

    (I shot tethered with my Nikon, and was very pleased with how well it worked.)

  9. #9
    Workshop Member Woody Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    66

    Re: Lightroom 3 eta-2

    The 24 Lux on the M9 can produce monster purple fringes. LR Beta 2 doesn't dent it; C1 knocks it out completely. On my copy of Beta 2 turning "defringe" on does nothing that I can see - maybe it will do more in the final release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I've been impressed... well, as impressed as I can be after using it for a couple of days. The Luminance noise reduction works really well. And, I actually did get pretty good results removing purple fringing. I'd suggest downloading the Beta 2 and trying it.

    (I shot tethered with my Nikon, and was very pleased with how well it worked.)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •