The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1 image thread

ashwinrao1

Yeah, cold but beautiful sunset today. I had to get out and enjoy it....plus, I got home after 150 shots, and the X1 battery was still at full charge...hmmm...

I'll try to tempt no further...but I am going to be taking this camera and this only to Cancun next week....and see what fun may be had...

m_driscoll

Hi Matt,
Thanks! I am very impressed by this little camera, and think it will be fun to use as a 1 camera/1 lens solution. I have a nice Fogg bag coming for it soon...I am thrilled with the camera...and that silent shutter....IQ is much better, to my eyes, than the GF-1/EP-1, but maybe that's just me...
Ashwin: At the risk of starting a fire storm, I'm going to agree with you. I've had a G1, GH1, and GF1 and these images have better resolution (reason's obvious); but also appear to have better DR. IMHO. Have fun in Cancun.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com.

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Matt. I must agree that I am having far more fun shooting the X1 than I did the GF-1. The 20 mm lens is quite nice, I must say, but the X1 with the 24 elmarit really are a smashing combo. TO me, the Leica look is there, abeit a bit dulled by the anti-aliasing sensor, but not too shabby. The DR seems better to me as well, and the files are more flexible to processing. I can push X1 images through the ISO range. The GF-1 shots seemed to break apart beyond ISO 400 if any serious processing was done....a few more examples from today:

markwon

Ashwin, its good to see that you are putting the X1 to work! I like the colors you are getting in your shots. Thanks for sharing.

Here are a couple of recent snaps.

simonclivehughes

Ashwin: Fisherman's Terminal. Very nice indeed! You're not making it easy for a equipment junky like me to avoid the X1. Cheers, Matt
Mmmmmm, Fisherman's Terminal... Chinooks... Scones with Orange Butter and a San Juan Scramble... Mmmmmm. I miss that, for a couple of years, we lived right up the hill looking down over this area. Good food and great sunrise views.

Absolutely lovely pictures Ashwin, and the X1 is certainly a very capable little camera. If it weren't for the cost, I could easily convince myself to get one.

Cheers,

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Simon, and excellent work, Mark!

Simon, I love that area, and definitely may go and get some scones and some fresh fish now that the catch is in for the week...should be tasty. The X1 is fantastic, and yes, the price is steep...worth it for me to have a capable camera in such a small package.

Mark. I LOVE the screendoor shot. Fantastic!! The youngsters make great subject material as well!

m_driscoll

Ashwin: Excellent shots. I didn't take any photos today? How weathertight do you think the X1 is? I spent some time on a purse seiner out of Fisherman's Terminal just like the Admiral. Dying profession (along with the fish).

Simon: Those scones are good! We take my mother to Chinooks every couple of months.

Mark: the screen door shot is very cool. Capture a nice moment with the boys,

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Steve. It's not too hard to breath life into that beauty of a camera.

Matt, I suspect that the X1 is about as weather sealed, maybe a touch more, than the M9 (due to no need ro change lenses). There are a couple of stops to be careful about, such as the shutter release, but overall, I'd chance it in a light drizzle....

Lloyd

Here are few from my wanders today on a beautiful Seattle spring day...
Simply amazing, Ashwin. A competent camera, paired with a great eye certainly equates to impressive images. :thumbup:
Wonderful processing here too. A great variety.

m_driscoll

Here are few from my wanders today on a beautiful Seattle spring day...

Ashwin: Very nice. It looks like you were doing a little stealth hip shooting. Very dynamic set of photos. Catches the atmosphere well. Great pp. Must be Bob's first time at the market. Haven't seen him before.

X1, 400 asa

Cyrus: Great image. The juxtaposition of the sign and the people is wonderful.

Ashwin: And again!!

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com