The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1 image thread

Arne Hvaring

Another great series Ashwin, you really make that camera sing! I enjoy your grainy B&W images, they remind me of Tri-X with my first Leica (M4).

Thank you for the comments on my posts, I'm just a honeymooner yet with the X1, but it shows promise. IQ to size ratio is outstanding.

rmueller

Hi,

Took my X1 to a four day trip to Paris. Great camera, makes
lots of fun.

Have a good weekend,
Ralf

jonoslack

Wonderful Ashwin
YOu sure do get around!
Great shots from Arne as well.
How are you feeling about the X1 after this time?

all the best

ashwinrao1

Thanks to you, Jono and Lloyd.

I must say, having had the X1 for 2 months plus now, I am sated. I was looking (and not finding) that elusive combo of high IQ/high ISO performance in a compact package. Well, the X1 offers this in abundance. The shutter is silent, and I have adjusted to the fiddly dials.

It's a great 1 camera - 1 lens solution in a compact outfit.

The only issue that I hope to see addressed is AF performance. It is a bit pokey, but completely acceptable. The images are rich, detailed, and malleable to post-processing, and I am a happy camper as a result. My GRDIII has seen very little action since I got the X1, so I guess I must say that I am happy with the size as well!

Best,
Ashwin

ashwinrao1

oh, I do love to travel, must say. The world awaits discovery! Next up, Boston and Cleveland (my birthplace), and then there's a gap until India....in December. I happen to be the lucky guy who can get away to beautiful places for the week-end, as there is so much beauty out in the western U.S.

D

DRabbit

I guess some of us frequent the same forums so if you've seen these already, my apologies :)

Maggie O

Amy, Ashwin, y'all are sorely testing my "buy no more cameras" pledge with your incredible work!!! WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! What gorgeous pictures y'all are making with that little Leica!