The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1 image thread

jonoslack

Playing really:

Here are some plants:

It's so boring being in the office (even if goose is there too):

all the best

Lloyd

Playing really:

Here are some plants:

all the best
Impressive stuff, Jono. BTw, I think you need to upgrade your toy collection. Such boring camera gear. :wtf:

ashwinrao1

Jono, congrats on the X1. Lovely captures. I am impressed by the range of images that I see from the camera regularly, and your images demonstrate this well!

Lloyd, I agree that Jono or I should lend you the X1 for safe keeping and see what magic that you could work with it!

ashwinrao1

A few more X1 shots from the Cascade Mountains and Snow Lake with my friend Steph....

Waterfalls:

Vistas:

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Charles & everyone!! I am loving the X1...great tool, when bringing the M9 along isn't convenient....it's my bring anywhere camera at the moment!

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

By the way, wonderful pics here from your X1, Charles. Glad you didn't sell it to me and have kept using it!

Paratom

great mountain images anfor hiking the x1 with its light weight seems really a great camera.
Here are some recent with the x1 in the backyard:
Processed in LR3 and adding some vignette and grain.

Lloyd

A few more X1 shots from the Cascade Mountains and Snow Lake with my friend Steph....

Vistas:
More X1 goodness Ash. I love this one. Great shots, beautiful scenery, and the company looks pretty pleasant as well. :thumbup:

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Lloyd on all accounts! And you are correct, on all accounts. The woman in the pic is my friend Steph, a very good friend from college days who is an avid outdoorswoman! It was a beautiful hike, and great company to boot...

m_driscoll

I guess some of us frequent the same forums so if you've seen these already, my apologies
Amy: I haven't seen them. Very nice. Really like the framing and pp and esp. this one. :thumbup:

Playing really:
Here are some plants:

all the best
Jono: Well played!

Amy, Ashwin, y'all are sorely testing my "buy no more cameras" pledge with your incredible work!!! WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! What gorgeous pictures y'all are making with that little Leica!
Maggie: I hear you, sister! I passed up one 2 weeks ago. I'll discuss it tomorrow again with my analyst. :scry:

Ashwin you seem to be getting on just fine with the X1 :)... really good stuff from you and the others !!!
Shiro: Very nice images from you too! I esp. like this one.

Waterfalls:

Vistas:

Ashwin: Great photos. Very AA and a bit of Galen Rowell. Excellent framing and pp.

great mountain images anfor hiking the x1 with its light weight seems really a great camera.
Here are some recent with the x1 in the backyard:
Processed in LR3 and adding some vignette and grain.
t_streng: Great captures. Hard to go wrong with the subject.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

Thanks so much, Matt and t_streng. by the way, lovely captures by you, t_streng. Matt, it's great to see you here on the X side of things. I am still putzing around trying to find my way to a 24 lux asph...some day, some way...

m_driscoll

Thanks so much, Matt and t_streng. by the way, lovely captures by you, t_streng. Matt, it's great to see you here on the X side of things. I am still putzing around trying to find my way to a 24 lux asph...some day, some way...
Ashwin: Some great photos here, and, after all it is a Leica. I did pick up a Nikon 24mm f/1.4 the other day (just like Steve's; that's one on each coast; Similar to Leica, Nikon's really ramped up the distribution of new product!). Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

mAlKhamis

Hope you like my first post from my newly received little Leica X1
1/30 @ F/2.8 ISO 1600
I really love this camera !!! :D:D