The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New RF countdown......(Canon?)......

V

Vivek

Well, He needs to hurry up and update his Blog as the day has arrived :)

http://jeffascough.typepad.com/af_rangefinder_blog/

I'm sure everyone will have guessed by now that there is no AF Rangefinder. It is a rather poor attempt at an April Fool's joke but with a serious side to it.

It is feasible that the interest that has been generated will go someway towards getting what a lot of people want, and we might just see a new affordable digital rangefinder in the near future (albeit without the HCB/Tri-x mode).

Let's keep our fingers crossed. Happy April 1st!!

jonoslack

Bad Joke and I think in the future he made himself a joke.
Oh David - surely everyone has a free let-off if they make a joke. Otherwise the world will be a sad and miserable place, because there will always be someone who doesn't find it funny.

Diane B

Well, I had some hopes, but suspected. Regardless, I'm not upset with him---it was one of those April 1sts that took some time to work out--and we all just got suckered in LOL.

dseelig

Yeah but with the investment I have made which is way out of line with my pocket book in leica gear, something that could make it go down in value right away makes me nervous, is just not very funny to me. David

Forrest Black

Thanks, Jeff Ascough, you had me going. It is a great spoof. I enjoyed getting my chains yanked.

Sort of brought out the gear lust in all of us. It is not the photography; it is the gear!

Now to put on my Lewis Leathers anorak...

E

endustry

I still say we tar and feather him. Or at least just feather him. That should make him laugh as hard as us, right?