The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 freezes - conventional wisdom

What is the conventional wisdom to cure an M8 freeze-up? I have had a couple of them, and I just took out the battery, waited a few seconds, popped it back in, and all was fine. A friend just had one, but it is still frozen after removing and replacing the battery.

Thanks in advance,
--Mark

carstenw

There is an internal battery too, which you can drain by taking out the battery and letting the camera sit overnight, on, with the screen on and auto-off disabled. If that doesn't work, he needs to send the camera in.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
My first M8 suffered the SDS a week after it returned from the update in Solms. I could still take a shot and see it on the LCD, but then could not re-call it or turn the M8 off. Taking out the battery and trying to drain the on-board battery did not rectify it. It had to return to Leica.