The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What a difference a day makes

David K

Workshop Member
We've been watching a birds nest in our yard to see when the baby would be hatched. Took a shot yesterday and this little guy was still in the nest, eyes closed. Today he's ready to explore the world. I was very happy to capture this shot because I don't think I'll get another opportunity... DMR and 100mm

David K

Workshop Member
David K,
Love the first shot. Sharp as sharp can be. Makes me miss the DMR...
David F
Well David, if you locked the door to your store you'd still have a DMR :) Much as I love my Nikon D3 I just know it won't deliver like the Leica. Robsteve actually noticed my reflection in the bird's eye. He's got some pretty good eyes himself to see that.

David K

Workshop Member
Man Doug is NOT going to be happy . Herr David. ROTFLMAO
I wish Guy. Doug has forgotten more about these kinds of shots than I'll ever know. Meanwhile, my wife has been walking around sad all day now that the birds have left the nest. I think it's a mother thing :)

David K

Workshop Member
Nahh... competition is good :)

cool pix, David. Species?
I just knew someone was going to ask me for an ID... which is why I took these pics of the parents. No sense in my pretending I know anything about birds. I can tell the difference between a pelican and a flamingo or a pigeon and a parrot but that's about it. Got the same problem with plants which is why I get poison ivy whenever I walk in the woods :)

gogopix

Subscriber
AAAAhh yes, ROBINS

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

[ well, David at least you DID pick a male and a female LOL]

gogopix

Subscriber
Victor,
I'll watch Jurassic Park again this weekend and get back to you on that :)
actually in JP I think they were pterasaurs

but birds aren't descended from either, although most trust they are dinosaurs.

But then many say I am so descended as well

doug

but birds aren't descended from either, although most trust they are dinosaurs.
Recently, enough of a scrap of protein was recovered from a T. rex bone to determine that T. rex is more closely related to birds than to modern reptiles.