Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Y-strap - I like it

rik

Re: Y-strap - I like it

Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    Thanks,
    I've looked at the strap a number of times and I am not sure the length would work for me. I like things that go across the body to be a bit longer so I will probably end up with a combo of both products. Have you considered an adjustable version?
    You can check the length obviously by taking a piece of rope and form a loop of similar size as the Strap. Of course the preferred length is probably determined by a persons size combined with the preference on how high or low the camera should be.
    Our non-adjustable Strap is very strong due to the closed loop. I have not yet considered adjustable versions, to be honest have not had that question before. The length seems to be a good size for a lot of people.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by eric_bowles View Post
    That sounds like a good idea -- I will get a hook and try that combination. With the extra hook and smaller ring, does the camera swing much when hanging from the Y-strap? One of the benefits of the Y-strap is that the camera is snug against the hip and doesn't swing when walking.

--eric
    I adjusted the Y-Strap + HOOK combo so my M8 is at belt level. Very stable. I used this combo when I went with my daughter to the Newport Guitar Festival and walked around for 3+ hours in a crowded convention hall. I was able to quickly get my camera in operational position otherwise it stayed nice and snug against my hip.

Got a lot of oohs and aahs over my M8 though.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Am I the only person that just wears the M8 around my neck with the Leica strap? If you stagger the length of the straps you can get three M8 around your neck onr on top of the other. I had regularly shot on the street of Paris or London using two M film cameras in the days of film.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by robsteve View Post
    Am I the only person that just wears the M8 around my neck with the Leica strap?
    Sorry rob, I am afraid you are the only one left.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

..well am I the only person that thinks that I can do the same thing with the standard strap as you can do with the Y-strap? If I put my arm through the strap it rests on my hip and I can bring it up to my eye in the same manner as the Y strap. You just have to make the strap a little longer than you would if you carried it on your neck, which I don't, sorry rob

another downside is that there is no strap on the right side lug using the y-strap. that means you can't wrap the strap around your wrist if you are carrying the camera in hand while shooting, something I have to do street shooting. I find if it is not in hand I can't bring it up fast enough to react.

anyway, all this is moot, watch videos of Gwinogrand shooting and you see NO strap sometimes.

the under the coat move I saw on the Y-strap site seems a little surreptitious to me actually, likely to get in more trouble like that than having the thing around your neck. I mean, you are there to photograph, correct? No sense in soft-pedaling it in my opinion. Everyone's gonna know sooner or later.