Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ZM 25mm and M9

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ZM 25mm and M9

Yes, on the computer.

nomored3

Quote Originally Posted by Paul David View Post
    For what it's worth, I am trying out 35mm Biogon f/2 and f/2.8 C on an M9. A tiny bit of a light leak on the compact, and lots on the f/2 at 2 seconds or more ISO 160. Seems to be leaking through a screw recess in the lens mount rather than on the lens, although doesn't leak with Leica lenses. A small piece of tape covering the area on the outside of the mount solves the problem. The f/2 is significantly sharper on the edges than the f/2.8 up to f/11, so I'll keep that one and put up with some tape on the occasions that I need an exposure longer than 2 sec in bright sunlight.
    Paul
    Hi, recent convert to Leica M / M9. Have the f2 Biogon and can confirm it has light leak issues too. I used a simple bit of blue-tac to fix it. Reversible and not messy

Post Thanks / Like

What is blue-tac?

nomored3

Quote Originally Posted by weinschela View Post
    What is blue-tac?
    Blue-tac is a trade name in Asia - its a stationary item - like modeling clay that you pinch a little off and stick it to the wall and you stick a page to it to hold it. Totally reversible. Blue-tac is made by 3M so it is easy to get anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah it's been called blue-tac in most countries I've lived, "Presstick" in Africa though.