Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New 35/1.4 Summilux Announced

$5000!!! Yipeee!!!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I sold my 35/1.4 asph because of focus shift - then bought the 35 Summarit as a solution until the new 35/1.4asph would appear.
    Now I have started to like that little Summarit that much that -speciallly with the price of the 35/1.4, I think I do not lust any more after the 35 Lux....Yes I do- but its just too much damn money

vsadov

I do not see the official announcement: the link on Steve Huff's site is broken. Seems like a premature ... hmm ... show of exuberance.

Mango

It was announced on Leica's Ukraine website. The URL had a suffix of "ua" for the country code. Could be a spoof; some people like to be entertained this way.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't planning on spending >$3k on the old one - and certainly less so for $5k (or whatever the rumored insane price is and sadly will likely be) on the new one.

I've got a nice Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM that works just fine if I care to "slum it" with either Canon 1-series body (1D2N or 1v-HS) I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, all the lux lenses are expensive. This 35 lux will be superb and I have saved my pennies for it.

Post Thanks / Like

wow.. so expensive.
    I want 35mm, but I dont think I can afford it now.
    I might get Zeiss Biagon 35/2. Any comments about ZM 35/2 ? from most of the reviews that I've read over the internet, ZM 35/2 is a very good lens.
    Leica M9 | SE 18 | Lux 24 | Lux 50 | ZM 35 | Nikon D700 | 35/1.8 | 45 PC-E | 50/1.4 | 70-200 VR II | SB 800+600 |SF 58|

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    wow.. so expensive.
    I want 35mm, but I dont think I can afford it now.
    I might get Zeiss Biagon 35/2. Any comments about ZM 35/2 ? from most of the reviews that I've read over the internet, ZM 35/2 is a very good lens.
    The ZM 35 f2 is a very good lens........ but not as small as the Leica Cron Asph. It is about the same size as the current (soon to be outdated) Lux Asph - which is large-ish for a 35 f2. It looks cool mounted on the camera especially with the hood attached :-) It is sharp wide open and insanely sharp stopped down. It also has a little nub on the focus ring which I seem to prefer better than that huge thumb rest on the Leica lenses.

..........and I have one for sale at the B&S forum

Roan

Jose_Salcedo

The new 35/1.4 Summilux is for real indeed

It inherits the most important optical design features of the current Summilux 50/1.4 Asph. I believe that it will become the new 35mm standard.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

The 2/35 Biogon and 2,8/35 Biogon C are both very good lenses. I have the former (along with a gaggle of other ZMs). Great lenses for a lot less than their Leica equivalents.

Another good option is the Cosina/Voigtlander 2,5/35 Color Skopar if you want a ridiculously tiny lens (but one that has great image qualities).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double Negative View Post
    The 2/35 Biogon and 2,8/35 Biogon C are both very good lenses.
    Trying to decide between the 2.8 C and 2 for landscape and hiking. They both look good on the MTF's. Has anyone compared the IQ between them? Otherwise the smaller lens wins.

Thanks.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

It won't be nearly as good as the current 35mm Lux (pre-Asph). Now what exactly does "good" means?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

The current lux is a aspherical design. Pre-asph luxes are a diffent beast all together.

I am awaiting, with baited breath, the new 35 lux. But I love how my current 35 lux renders, and my guess is that the next Lux will have more modern (50 lux asph) flavor, surely will be awesome...but I love my current lux and wouldn't give it up given its fingerprint...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography