The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New 35/1.4 Summilux Announced

Paratom

I sold my 35/1.4 asph because of focus shift - then bought the 35 Summarit as a solution until the new 35/1.4asph would appear.
Now I have started to like that little Summarit that much that -speciallly with the price of the 35/1.4, I think I do not lust any more after the 35 Lux....Yes I do- but its just too much damn money :scry:

V

vsadov

I do not see the official announcement: the link on Steve Huff's site is broken. Seems like a premature ... hmm ... show of exuberance.

M

Mango

It was announced on Leica's Ukraine website. The URL had a suffix of "ua" for the country code. Could be a spoof; some people like to be entertained this way.

Double Negative

Not Available
I wasn't planning on spending >$3k on the old one - and certainly less so for $5k (or whatever the rumored insane price is and sadly will likely be) on the new one.

I've got a nice Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM that works just fine if I care to "slum it" with either Canon 1-series body (1D2N or 1v-HS) I have. :p

deepdiver

wow.. so expensive.
I want 35mm, but I dont think I can afford it now.
I might get Zeiss Biagon 35/2. Any comments about ZM 35/2 ? from most of the reviews that I've read over the internet, ZM 35/2 is a very good lens.

roanjoh

wow.. so expensive.
I want 35mm, but I dont think I can afford it now.
I might get Zeiss Biagon 35/2. Any comments about ZM 35/2 ? from most of the reviews that I've read over the internet, ZM 35/2 is a very good lens.
The ZM 35 f2 is a very good lens........ but not as small as the Leica Cron Asph. It is about the same size as the current (soon to be outdated) Lux Asph - which is large-ish for a 35 f2. It looks cool mounted on the camera especially with the hood attached :) It is sharp wide open and insanely sharp stopped down. It also has a little nub on the focus ring which I seem to prefer better than that huge thumb rest on the Leica lenses.

..........and I have one for sale at the B&S forum :D

Roan

J

Jose_Salcedo

The new 35/1.4 Summilux is for real indeed

It inherits the most important optical design features of the current Summilux 50/1.4 Asph. I believe that it will become the new 35mm standard.

Double Negative

Not Available
The 2/35 Biogon and 2,8/35 Biogon C are both very good lenses. I have the former (along with a gaggle of other ZMs). Great lenses for a lot less than their Leica equivalents.

Another good option is the Cosina/Voigtlander 2,5/35 Color Skopar if you want a ridiculously tiny lens (but one that has great image qualities).

ashwinrao1

The current lux is a aspherical design. Pre-asph luxes are a diffent beast all together.

I am awaiting, with baited breath, the new 35 lux. But I love how my current 35 lux renders, and my guess is that the next Lux will have more modern (50 lux asph) flavor, surely will be awesome...but I love my current lux and wouldn't give it up given its fingerprint...