The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Asia service center

A

a_summarita

I owned a few Leica M lens/cameras. Do you peeps know the Asia-equivalent of Sherry Krauter or DAG? I want to give my Leica some love but the turnaround time to ship to US/Europe for tuning/service is too long.

Currently in Taiwan. I heard there are some good places in Japan/Hong Kong which offer such services. I couldn't find much info though.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

T

thinkfloyd

Dunno about third party repair places, but when my M8 got funky, I sent it to HK - Schmidt Mktg. It's an official Leica service center, and customer service is very good :)

thrice

Turnaround with Sherry Krauter is rather long at the moment as well. She *still* has my 35 lux asph, and as far as I know hasn't touched it in six weeks. Doesn't reply to e-mails unless I send 2 or 3 asking more insistently for a status update.

I think the M9 has these better known agents much busier than usual.

T

thinkfloyd

Hey edwin, it was a metering thing. I'll PM you the details :)