The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some basic M8 Questions

Marc Wilson

Info for any prospective used buyers.
The passport is transferrable..simply send it to Leica and they transfer it to your name.

Thanks,

Marc

Mike Woods

Just wondered if anyone is using the Kipon LTM adapters with the coding grooves?

Received my 50mm adapter today, and it works perfectly from a lens recognition point of view, but causes the lens markings to be placed off centre if you know what I mean. Not the end of the world, but disappointing nevertheless.

Anyone with similar experiences?

Mike

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Many LTM lenses are meant to have their scale off-centre. The Summarit 1.5 5cm for instance. It is completely normal.

jonoslack

Info for any prospective used buyers.
The passport is transferrable..simply send it to Leica and they transfer it to your name.

Thanks,

Marc
HI Marc
Of course you're right . . . . . but so was Brad!
In the UK it's transferrable . . . . in the States it isn't!

all the best

jonoslack

Brian you are sooooooo right :grin:

But actually, I think I might have found what i've been looking for...for the moment at least ;)

All the best

Mike
HI There Mike
CONGRATULATIONS
I've just found this thread, and so I missed out on answering most of your questions. But you seem to have had great answers, and anyway you bought the camera!
I've probably got a couple of IR filters around - drop me a PM if you're interested (I keep meaning to send them to ebay and not getting around to it).
all the best

Mike Woods

HI There Mike
CONGRATULATIONS
I've just found this thread, and so I missed out on answering most of your questions. But you seem to have had great answers, and anyway you bought the camera!
I've probably got a couple of IR filters around - drop me a PM if you're interested (I keep meaning to send them to ebay and not getting around to it).
all the best
Thanks Jono, I do need to sort out a filter for the 25mm Skopar - 39mm I believe. I'll check that out and get back to you.

Many LTM lenses are meant to have their scale off-centre. The Summarit 1.5 5cm for instance. It is completely normal.
Jaap, really usefully comment. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Regards

Mike