Site Sponsors

Thread: Really Right Stuff now takes pre-orders for the modular L-plate and grip system for L

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Really Right Stuff now takes pre-orders for the modular L-plate and grip system for L

ReallyRightStuff now has the Modular L-Plate and grip system for Leica M8/M9 available for pre-order (see original post here). Shipments will start in June, 2010:

• Replacement base with dovetail
    • Optional L-plate component
    • Optional Grip

The replacement base plate completely replaces the Leica base. This replacement base has an integrated dovetail for mounting in a Really Right Stuff clamp. Use the base alone as a conventional plate, or add an optional vertical component to create the L-plate, or add an optional grip. Both vertical components screws precisely to the base using the included hex key:

More pictures after the break:

Leica News & Rumors

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Really Right Stuff now takes pre-orders for the modular L-plate and grip system f

Ordered mine

looks like it'll offer quite a bit of protection in the complete form (grip and 'L') which will inspire a little more confidence in handling for me. The biggest thing I look forward to is vertical orientation landscapes in windy conditions, I worry with the camera 'hanging' off the side of the ballhead at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Really Right Stuff now takes pre-orders for the modular L-plate and grip system f

I just ordered mine as well.

They made no mention of it being a pre-order or a back-order, so I'm hoping to see it soon.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

It's meant to ship mid-June.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I kind of wish they just made a fitted plate like all their other cameras...I don't want to have to replace the baseplate...no more Luigi case if I go that route. I think I will stick with the regular one where I just take it out of the case and put the plate on. The camera is light enough that that it still gives a very secure hold.
    My photos are here: http://www.stuartrichardson.com and more recent work here: http://stuartrichardson.tumblr.com/ Please have a look at my book!
    My lab is here: http://www.customphotolab.is and on facebook

Post Thanks / Like

For a M8 or M9 to me this is a over kill, IMHO.
    I have a Giottos Mh1302-655 Ball Head w/QR plate and holds 18 Lbs. for $129.99
    What more do you need. Camera and lens do not weigh any way near this.
    This is light weight set up.
    at B&H /www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/490021-REG/Giottos_MH1302_655_MH_1302_Pro_Series_II.html
    Sunny Florida Rick of Fla