The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 - vibration and resilience thereof

jklotz

I'm taking a 2K mile motorcycle trip here shortly. I'd really like to take the M9, but it has recently been back to Leica for calibration, along with 3 of my favorite lenses. It's now spot on.

With reasonable precautions, i.e. good packing in a well padded case, securely tied down, am I risking having the calibration thrown out? I have some other cameras I could take, but the M9 would be ideal, assuming it's not going to cost me another trip back to the mother land.

khiromu

I am sure your M9 have traveled longer distance when it came to you from Germany...
I wouldn't worry about it, personally.
Hiromu

Don Libby

Mine travels all the time in a jeep on all sorts of roads some of which are even paved. While you might have more vibrations on a bike I'd say you whould be safe. Good luck on the trip and remember to share a couple images here!

Don