The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

24mm f/3.8 Elmar - opinions?

jklotz

Couple of quick questions - who's got the 24mm f/3.8 Elmar and using it with an M9? Any red edge issues with the current firmware? Do you find that you can frame it accurately without an external viewfinder?

jackperk

I have and though I cannot focus precisely but by guesswork I love the quality of the images I get. Don't feel need for add on viewfinder.

Jack

rjones

The lens is wonderful:

incredibly sharp (has the MTF of a short tele!), little distortion, focuses easily and accurately on my M9, is compact, and does not need a separate finder (the whole rangefinder on the M9 effectively covers what the lens covers (and besides, unlike with film, you can chimp you image and re-shoot).